Not connected, Your IP: 3.80.131.164
Sign in to follow this  
hesnli

My little Review

I am on my last day of the free trial and I do plan to subscribe soon. To the people that say it is slow, well I find it to be a bit true, but I have found that selecting to use through ssl tunnel has helped my speeds to be somewhat close to what I normally get, though sometimes it is kinda far off. It is according to what server you choose really.

I like the idea that I feel more secure with Air than I do with PIA's service. I feel Air does care for privacy and will stand up for the users. Look forward to being a real customer soon

I am on my last day of the free trial and I do plan to subscribe soon. To the people that say it is slow, well I find it to be a bit true, but I have found that selecting to use through ssl tunnel has helped my speeds to be somewhat close to what I normally get, though sometimes it is kinda far off. It is according to what server you choose really.

I like the idea that I feel more secure with Air than I do with PIA's service. I feel Air does care for privacy and will stand up for the users. Look forward to being a real customer soon

Did you try to set the buffer size in the AirVPN client to to 256 kB? This has helped others (myself included) increase speeds.

(in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "General"). Click "Save" and start a new VPN connection.

I have a brand new gripe with PIA. They just adopted this policy:

"Restrictions

Posted by John M on 08 January 2016 04:30 PM

In order to comply with all local and international laws pertaining to content blocked by geographic region (more commonly known as "geo-locked content"), we are unable to render support or assistance in accessing restricted content via our service. We wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveneince this may cause, however this is necessary to comply with laws and regulations pertaining to the access of such content, to which we are bound; we appreciate your understanding in this matter. For inquiries pertaining to these laws and regulations, or our efforts to adhere to their mandates, feel free to contact legal@privateinternetaccess.com for further clarification.

Please note that this does not apply to issues wherein IPs from our service may have been blacklisted for reasons outside of "geo-locking". We will most certainly continue to take action where possible to rectify such blocks; please report any such blocks you may encounter to our support team by creating a support ticket and one of our support advisors will be happy to assist."

They refuse to offer any kind of SmartDNS services. Even though they specifically advertised getting around geo-blocks on their website and advertising materials. Not to mention that I now doubt their no logging policy with their newfound intent to comply with domestic and international laws.

"Restrictions

In order to comply with all local and international laws pertaining to content blocked by geographic region (more commonly known as "geo-locked content"), we are unable to render support or assistance in accessing restricted content via our service. We wish to sincerely apologize for the inconveneince this may cause, however this is necessary to comply with laws and regulations pertaining to the access of such content, to which we are bound; we appreciate your understanding in this matter. For inquiries pertaining to these laws and regulations, or our efforts to adhere to their mandates, feel free to contact legal@privateinternetaccess.com for further clarification.

Please note that this does not apply to issues wherein IPs from our service may have been blacklisted for reasons outside of "geo-locking". We will most certainly continue to take action where possible to rectify such blocks; please report any such blocks you may encounter to our support team by creating a support ticket and one of our support advisors will be happy to assist."

They refuse to offer any kind of SmartDNS services. Even though they specifically advertised getting around geo-blocks on their website and advertising materials. Not to mention that I now doubt their no logging policy with their newfound intent to comply with domestic and international laws.

Yeah I got to the point that I don't trust them completely, I may not trust any vpn completely, but Air is the closest i will get to trust. I don't like the idea that PIA may be using VPS as well.

Did you try to set the buffer size in the AirVPN client to to 256 kB? This has helped others (myself included) increase speeds.

(in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "General"). Click "Save" and start a new VPN connection.

Is doing, i think it is, 512 better than 256?

"Restrictions

I checked some of their servers, I don't trust them, and with the help of AirVPN(They provided necessary information) I found their software to be faulty. Some of their servers even moved, where as AirVPN cancels when they get moved(refer to the Czech server Becrux withdrawl) PIA doesn't seem to, and their support isn't all that good at figuring out why their software won't tunnel right. I have no reason personally to believe they don't log either, that new policy only makes me believe less in that, the point of VPNs a lot of the time is to bypass geolocks of course them being an american company means they have to comply with such laws or be forcibly closed by their government where most VPN companys are in European or Asian countries to be better protected against these things and provide the service it is meant to be.

AirVPN so far is probably the most secure service I have found, and their staff very knowledgable I'm glad to be a customer.

"Restrictions

I checked some of their servers, I don't trust them, and with the help of AirVPN(They provided necessary information) I found their software to be faulty. Some of their servers even moved, where as AirVPN cancels when they get moved(refer to the Czech server Becrux withdrawl) PIA doesn't seem to, and their support isn't all that good at figuring out why their software won't tunnel right. I have no reason personally to believe they don't log either, that new policy only makes me believe less in that, the point of VPNs a lot of the time is to bypass geolocks of course them being an american company means they have to comply with such laws or be forcibly closed by their government where most VPN companys are in European or Asian countries to be better protected against these things and provide the service it is meant to be.

AirVPN so far is probably the most secure service I have found, and their staff very knowledgable I'm glad to be a customer.

Exactly, Look at the reviews of Choopa, one of their hosting companies they use. This is from people that use WOT https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/choopa.com That is what kinda scared me, maybe mostly scared me