Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.101.170
Sign in to follow this  
louiss

Installing tunnel driver error

Hi,

I cannot connect to any server as every time AirVPN tries to install TAP device driver and fails. I have Win10, I've already installed tap-windows-9.21.1.exe successfully in Win10 safe mode, but seems AirVPN does not see it and tries to install it again, fails and I'm stuck.

If anyone has any suggestion, I'd greatly appreciate!

Thanks in advance!

I've tried all these already. My Win 10 build is 10240. I cannot install TAP in normal mode at all. The only way I can install it correctly is in a safe mode. But then when I switch to a normal mode Eddie does not recognize that it is installed and when I press "Connect to a recommended server" it tries to install TAP again and it fails.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, but with other VPN providers, sometimes the installer package must be run as an administrator in order to properly install all of the various functions and features that the program needs to use. Try reacquiring the installer package, and make sure you run it with administrator privileges and see if that allows the installation of all the various parts. Oh and uninstall what you have on there first.