Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.192.3

First off, I'm a barnd new user of AirVPN and hope to have a long and satisfactory relationship.

Now... an interesting situation that I'm hoping some kind person can explain for me.

Earlier I connected to a Netherlands server and then went to StartPage (my preferred search engine), typed in a query and was asked by Startpage to verify (by typing in a CAPTCHA text) that I was not a bot or some malicious person. I have never had that happen to me before, regardless of what vpn service I've used.

Next I went to (or tried to) go to https://kickass.cr and couldn't connect. Just whirred on the spot.

To cut a long story short, 2 out of 3 Netherlands servers I tried would not allow me to connect to Kickass. The 3rd one did. However, with all 3 Netherlands servers I tried Startpage asked me to verify.

I then connected to several German servers = no problem with either Startpage or Kickass. Same with all servers I tried from various other countries.

Seems like the only country I had problems with was Netherlands-based servers.

Isn't KickassTorrents offline?

The YouTube redirection is, at least to me, a known geolocation error of Google.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

No, Kickass Torrents is online (just checked). And it seems the problems I've been having with the Netherlands servers is limited to a handful of them. I've not gone through the entire list of them yet but most work with Startpage and Kickass.... some do not. So I'm having to build a whitelist.

Ah, wait, that was Fenopy. Fenopy closed its doors by letting the domain expire. Okay

Yes, and currently no other solution is known. I'm using CH only now, it does not have any such problems.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Although I haven't had a problem connecting to Kickass. I use the Palemoon 64bit browser with the Startpage search engine and there is a problem with Startpage and AirVPN. I get the same as the OP and wrote about it on the Startpage forums. The answer was that it seems Startpage has a problem with VPN's in general. As a backup I downloaded and installed the Cyberfox 64bit browser and DuckDuckGo search engine which are very similar to Palemoon and Startpage in their outlook on privacy in general. Haven't had any problems with the DuckDuckGo search engine and VPN. Check it out.

kickasss's domain is now kat.cr 

And the verify stuff is mainly because some airvpn server ips are on a couple of blacklists/suspicious lists because all users connected to the same server use the same shared ip.

When one of them misbehaves and causes problems on the internet, (eg getting ip banned on sites) then the result of that would be that everyone on that server is also unable to acccess the site on which the person was banned.

A lot of security services treat vpn as suspicous. and when using a vpn a lot of recaptchas and security processes get triggered. to make sure you are not an evil robot.

kickasss's domain is now kat.cr 

And the verify stuff is mainly because some airvpn server ips are on a couple of blacklists/suspicious lists because all users connected to the same server use the same shared ip.

When one of them misbehaves and causes problems on the internet, (eg getting ip banned on sites) then the result of that would be that everyone on that server is also unable to acccess the site on which the person was banned.

A lot of security services treat vpn as suspicous. and when using a vpn a lot of recaptchas and security processes get triggered. to make sure you are not an evil robot.

Ok, that makes sense. Many thanks.