Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.228.95

I'm testing AirVPN on Linux Mint 17.3 using the .deb package that I found on the Air site. I had used three other VPN services and always had debilitating speed issues, especially when using AES-256-CBC (OpenVPN). I decided to try AirVPN. I installed the .deb files with the client. I am on the East coast of the US. I tried a Pennsylvania server and the speed was not very good. (I get an average of 25 Mbps download speed through my ISP without the VPN.) I then tried two other servers in the US and I'm getting up to 25 Mbps on three different speed tests. My IP is anonymous and there is no DNS leakage or IPv6 leakage. But after my previous experiences, I'm suspicious of the speeds I'm registering using some of the AirVPN US based servers. It makes me wonder whether encryption is being used, and if so, to what level. I haven't found a way to check that. I'm going to try Wireshark to see if the connection is encrypted. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thank you.

AirVPN has the encryption pre-configured and forced like zhang said, the airVPN servers are quite powerful I had a long talk with the staff while we researched some ways to reach around 200Mb/s you shouldn't be too suspicious about the speeds, their servers can handle it the question is if your ISP, router and computer can handle it.