Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.129.19
Sign in to follow this  
Justinalee

ANSWERED How to disable a previously generated OpenVPN configuration file?

I used a generated OpenVpn configuration file on my iphone before I sold the phone, and stupid I was, I forgot to delete the settings. I am worried that my configuration file and potentially the certificates and key associated with my account are compromised. Is there a way I can disable the previously generated configuration files? I did a little experiment with my new cellphone, trying to reset the password to my account, but it did not affect the configuration file or my cellphone connection. Apparently the configuration file does not include the real password. Any suggestions? What's the worst case scenario if someone else has the file? Thanks in advance for your help. 

Worst case scenario is that someone uses your connection slots.

This is not a case of a corporate VPN where keys and access should be kept private.

The only info an attacker can get from these certificates is your username here.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Does it mean if someone has my config file, duplicates and distributes it, I will potentially lost all my connection slots? Is there a way to stop and disable the old config file? 

Open a ticket and Staff will set you up with a new certificate. You'll get another "Welcome to AirVPN" e-mail but that's just part of the script.