Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.189.247

ANSWERED VPN route hardening in Viscosity, possible with Eddie?

Hi fellas,

a nice little feature of viscosity for mac is to add a new route to disallow the switching of gateways upon disconnect i.e. once the vpn disconnects, the user needs to turn WiFi off and off again before it can be used again. This protects users who might be using P2P for example.

I was wondering if this can be done using the AirVPN client?

Cheers,

Digitaliscool.

77d0bed.png

Absolutely! All you have to do is enable the "Network Lock" feature in Eddie. You will see this feature every time the client opens. When you lose your connection the network lock not allow anything in or out.

I also used that feature in Viscosity until they came out with the Network Lock feature for OSX.

Hi fellas,

a nice little feature of viscosity for mac is to add a new route to disallow the switching of gateways upon disconnect i.e. once the vpn disconnects, the user needs to turn WiFi off and off again before it can be used again. This protects users who might be using P2P for example.

I was wondering if this can be done using the AirVPN client?

Cheers,

Digitaliscool.

77d0bed.png

This obviously leads to an inability to read about stuff

Absolutely! All you have to do is enable the "Network Lock" feature in Eddie. You will see this feature every time the client opens. When you lose your connection the network lock not allow anything in or out.

I also used that feature in Viscosity until they came out with the Network Lock feature for OSX.

The only reason I use Eddie over Viscosity is for the OpenVPN over Tor feature so I can't use network lock sadly.

Is there another possible way?