Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.1.96
Sign in to follow this  
suprakitXV

Account sharing

I am NOT speaking on behalf of AirVPN, but I believe account sharing is allowed as there is a 3 device limit in place. As long as you do not need more than 3 simultaneous connections, then you should be okay with a single account.

sorry if this was asked before, i wanted to ask if account sharing is allowed

My opinion:

Answering that question puts "Air" in a tough spot.  The word ALLOWED doesn't sit right with me.  My personal feeling is it violates the "spirit" of why Air has graciously allowed for 3 simultaneous connections per account.  AirVpn is such a great bargain and when purchased yearly its a STEAL.  Such professionalism and seriously good service should be rewarded.  I would stay with Air for three times the price I pay.

If you agree with me than that fact should answer your question for you.  Having a friend try it out for a day or so, maybe, but after that my response is this:  right is right!!

sorry if this was asked before, i wanted to ask if account sharing is allowed

My opinion:

Answering that question puts "Air" in a tough spot.  The word ALLOWED doesn't sit right with me.  My personal feeling is it violates the "spirit" of why Air has graciously allowed for 3 simultaneous connections per account.  AirVpn is such a great bargain and when purchased yearly its a STEAL.  Such professionalism and seriously good service should be rewarded.  I would stay with Air for three times the price I pay.

If you agree with me than that fact should answer your question for you.  Having a friend try it out for a day or so, maybe, but after that my response is this:  right is right!!

I agree with you, AirVPN is great but their mission is clear to us all, raising the price 3 times can kick out people from countries that might need them most but can't afford it due to exchange rates.

I know Air would never do that!  My point was that their servers/services are so amazing that I really would continue my subscriptions for 3X what I am paying now.  I have several other VPN providers I use that are also good.  They are NOT as good as Air.

I think as long as the 3 allowed connections are from 3 devices behind your network, it should be fine.

I'm not sure if you can loan out your account to people sitting outside your premises, i.e. down your street or somewhere else in your town or in another city, etc.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

bubbba, on 14 Apr 2014 - 01:37, said:snapback.png

Question: Do the 3 simultaneous connections need to be connected from the same domain/ip address? 

Hello!

No, that's not required. You are totally free to connect from three different addresses. For example, if you travel you can leave your home computer connected and stay connected during the travel with two more devices (smart phone and tablet, laptop and smart phone...).

Kind regards

--------------

the fact that mobile devices are supported make it pointless to try to limit anyway. There is no way they can really know if a device is truely not on your network. For example, I might have a connection with multiple external IP addresses. But what if I have a family member on the same ISP, how would AirVPN know the difference? It's not sensible for them to limit this, and, as a paid service, I'm not sure they could really prevent you through their terms, from sharing it with anyone who is paying for it. Even so, all I really see in the terms that is particularly applicable is that you can not transfer the account. But I'm not sure sharing the account is the same as transferring it. But maybe someone else can clarify that.