Not connected, Your IP: 3.19.56.45
Toastcat

System Time VS Server Location time?

Hi,

I used a website to see if I had any DNS/IP leaking and stuff, and they gave me a huge warning about my system time being different from the VPN servers location time (Netherlands) and that it could cause me to not be anonymous. Should I worry about this? I mostly use my VPN for streaming/torrenting, and if it's going to cause a problem I would like to fix it. Thanks.

For those things no it won't cause a problem but it is possible to query your system time and if they look into it they can see it doesn't match up. It doesn't mean anything much so if you do something bad it definitely won't hold up in court lol. But some security systems might use it to block users

You can set any time on Firefox using extensions like Random Agent Spoofer.

This is a very minor thing and I didn't see where this check is implemented in production except anonimity test sites.

https://github.com/dillbyrne/random-agent-spoofer

• Option to spoof the date and time strings to a random one or a specific one. (An issue is open to improve this).

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.