Not connected, Your IP: 52.54.103.76
NaDre

"OpenVPN Custom Path" in Advanced Features Ignored?

It appears to me that the "OpenVPN Custom Path" value specified in Advanced Features is being ignored, in the latest Windows version of Eddie. I had to replace the openvpn.exe program in the Eddie installation folder.

I tried using both the full path to the executable and the directory. I also tried "\" as separator, "/" as separator, and even "\\" as separator. Am I missing something?

Did you get this resolved or get any feedback? I tried yesterday as well and the custom path never made a difference when pointing to a newer version of openvpn. I tried typing the path in and also using the browse to file option. no joy.

Did you get this resolved or get any feedback? I tried yesterday as well and the custom path never made a difference when pointing to a newer version of openvpn. I tried typing the path in and also using the browse to file option. no joy.

This bug has been detected and it will be solved in the next Eddie version.

Kind regards

Posted ... (edited)

Over a year later and I seem to be experiencing the same issue...

Changed the openvpn path but it still uses the older version located in the AirVPN folder.

Is the suggested fix to simply copypasta the new version into the old location? Does doing so cause any major issues?

EDIT: This worked for me.

Edited ... by harbingerzjc