Not connected, Your IP: 54.81.157.133
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

[Experimental] Netflix Italy

EXPERIMENT CLOSED - PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD

Hello!

We have now experimentally made Netflix Italy available from our CH VPN servers Kitalpha and Virginis. This is a transitory solution before a new geo-routing systems is implemented which will provide all of our clients with much greater flexibility. Plans for the new geo-routing system have been already evaluated and practical implementation tests will start in the near future.

As usual, your system needs to query our VPN DNS in order to use the geo-routing service.

Please see also here:

https://airvpn.org/forum/10-websites-support

Kind regards & datalove

AirVPN Staff

I just tried on Virginis and got connection refused

edit:

tried again, works now

Will the new system ensure microrouting works on devices such as Apple TV and Xbox 360? Because even when I am certain your DNS is being used (the router is set up to use it, everything on the network uses the router's DNS) those devices only get routed to the Netflix of the server's country. This isn't a big deal in Switzerland because their Netflix is better than my own country anyway but still misses a few things US's library has.

Hello,

any plan to implement an italian server ? (not just for routing)

They said no to that earlier

Hi,

I don't get it. I want to see the Italian Netflix content when I am abroad. What I understand from this thread is that I need to connect to one of the Swiss servers and I need to query the airvpn DNS server. The result is that if I open the Netflix app on my tablet I get the Swiss content. When I open Netflix in a browser I get the American content.

Now could someone explain me how i get to see the Italian content?

Thanks for the response

Hello!

We're sorry, this experiment has been closed and Netflix IT is not accessible from our infrastructure. We've been late to communicate that, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards