Not connected, Your IP: 52.91.255.225
Iruhaku

Netflix blocking AirVPN Exit node

Just wanted to inform that netflix is now blocking the Kajam (Netherlands) server as it just comes up that the server isn't responding all the others seem fine though

Yup, German servers are blocked as well! 
Netflix is looking to lose customers it seems! …if they start blocking VPNs, they will lose half their customers!

if they start blocking VPNs, they will lose half their customers!

They are probably going to lose customers that trick the system to watch it for free   

They are probably going to lose customers that trick the system to watch it for free     

Watch for Free!? I didn't know such a thing was even possible?!?

Anyways, I am a paying customer at Netflix, & if they don't sort this out I am strongly considering terminating my account with them. I do not want to have to turn off my VPN every time I wanna look at Neflix!

So if Netflix is going to be pressurized by rights holders movements and film/TV companies into finding ways to destroy VPN services, or at least make them much harder to use, what will this mean for its international presence outside of the US?

For one, it will likely cripple subscriptions in the impacted regions. People don't like spending money, and that paid-for services such as Unblockus have formed a successful business out of simply allowing users to bypass geoblocks speaks volumes in regards to how lacking the current Netflix library is in regions such as the UK, and how ludicrous it is that the service hasn't yet made its way to the likes of Australia. It will also inevitably lead people back to piracy in their droves.

As piracy becomes more prevalent the entertainment industry has inevitably had to change.

Streaming platforms such as Netflix and, in the music industry, Spotify are currently holding back consumers from illegally downloading movies and music, offering users services which combine ease with affordability. While no streaming service is perfect when it comes to its financial treatment of the creators of the content they provide, as piracy has become more prevalent the entertainment industry has inevitably had to change, and to look past these changes and insist that VPN services should be blocked is an example of the AHEDA, and other rights holders groups, trying to enforce archaic limits upon consumers who have grown tired of them.

Basically Netflix is committing financial suicide if they block VPNs:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/09/why-netflix-wont-block-vpn-users

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/45452/20150410/will-netflix-ban-vpn-users-from-its-services.htm

Hello,

currently there are no blocks, but things could evolve because we see that Netflix is performing changes in its systems in these days and the changes could be not over.

At the moment of this writing we do not detect any problem. Additionally, we have an update: now CA servers will access Netflix CA, no more Netflix USA. We would recommend to use VPN DNS.

Kind regards

The EU Parliment is still trying to persuade the Commission to put an end to geoblocking. Hopefully they will eventually succeed.

Everything seems to be running normally today - I was seething yesterday - I moved to Greece from the UK 4 months ago and was happy to keep my subscription active to watch Netflix.

They would surely lose lots of customers if they blocked customers that will NEVER actually be able to use their service without VPN...

can confirm, Netflix is back on the german servers! (for now!)
…hopefully it will stay this way!
I can't image that Netfix would willingly block VPNs…

Netflix is looking to lose customers it seems! …if they start blocking VPNs, they will lose half their customers!

I don't think they care, I use Hola, (i paid) and I get Netflix there, for now.

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.

if they start blocking VPNs, they will lose half their customers!

torrenting here i come, that bugs me, I hope they hack the heck out of them.

I don't think they care, I use Hola, (i paid) and I get Netflix there, for now.

well Hola is gone, you know what would be nice? the Netflix would go global.

I can confirm: Miram - nl.png Netherlands is blocked on Netflix, or at-least for my current IP range.  I've been at it for quite some time, and let me just say this:  Information always finds a way to be free.  Simply believe that p2p solutions are always vastly superior.  More restrictions you make a process, and request my money for said process via unsecure payment methods, its just cray-cray.  I cut "the cable" back in 2004 and will never look back.  For this exact reason. 

Its funny, once every few years I try "legit" services to see if there is any progress, and like iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Steam, its always way too much work if I know I can simply click on a magnet link. What gets me is when one pays for these "legit" services you get  advertising, tracking, privacy violation, corporate tracking, artificial scarcity, random-ass geo-restrictions etc. I don't understand why the consumer puts up with it!  I mean Spotify now uses tracking defaults, and undermining Net Neutrality by getting preferred data on various ISPs all around the world!

It's your brain, no one owns it.  Thanks AirVPN.org for making that possible!   I love this VPN.

Now this is interesting.

I'm in Greece, and have always used a VPN to connect - otherwise I'd get the 'not available in your location' warning.

Well tonight I've tried the VPN (which it detects and blocks), so on the offchance went back to my normal connection and tried again.

AND IT WORKS.

So - i'm in Greece, Europe - and now Netflix is happy to run with my UK account...interesting...

So - i'm in Greece, Europe - and now Netflix is happy to run with my UK account...interesting...

Hello,

yes, from our UK servers you can access Netflix US. This is due to our geo-routing system.

Kind regards