Not connected, Your IP: 18.208.172.3
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Five new 1 Gbit/s servers available (NL)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that five new 1 Gbit/s servers located in the Netherlands are available: Ancha, Caph, Kocab, Muscida, Pleione.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Ancha, Caph, Kocab, Muscida and Pleione support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

Hell, what's going on... Five new servers from CA and five from the NL.

Seems like a preliminary christmas present from AIR. Thanks for that one guys!

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that five new 1 Gbit/s servers located in the Netherlands are available: Ancha, Caph, Kocab, Muscida, Pleione.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Ancha, Caph, Kocab, Muscida and Pleione support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN Team

I am not so sure about extra vpn-servers in nl.Because Privacy climate is changing repidly.

Of course extra server makes me smile.

If I'm connecting through Viscosity using a configuration I generated for Netherlands (or Canada, etc), and AirVPN adds new servers, will I have to generate a new config again or will the one I'm using pick up the new servers?

I've thought about using Eddie over the last couple of years, but Viscosity works so seamlessly that I've never been seriously tempted.

Yes you will have to re-download the configuration files. I was a former Viscosity user and I would highly recommend the AirVPN client. It is a lot more secure than Viscosity is. I'm not knocking Viscosity at all. It is a great little app, but the AirVPN client has a lot more features and like I said, more secure (main advantage is the Eddie Network Lock). Plus it updates new servers automatically.

Thanks for the reply.

Is the Eddie Network Lock more secure than the Viscosity disconnect script you posted a while back?

Yes, for one key reason. When Viscosity is "reconnecting" your IP is exposed. The killswitch script only works when Viscosity is completely disconnected and not attmeping to reconnect to an AirVPN server. The AirVPN client Eddie protects your IP in both cases. Either when you are disconnected or reconnecting. That's the difference between them. Although there is a Viscosity method to do what the AirVPN "network lock" does it's more complicated and annoying to implement. 

I'm glad my script was able to help you for awhile. 

You could also ask the other way round: Is there a reason not to use the Eddie client? Since Eddie has always worked for me I cannot see a reason to replace it by something else.

You could also ask the other way round: Is there a reason not to use the Eddie client? Since Eddie has always worked for me I cannot see a reason to replace it by something else.

If you want to block trafic ,from a certain application or from the windows system (windwz 10) ,you need something more than Eddie.In this situation you can use comodo on windwz and little snitch on the Mac.So  use Eddie if you trust your OS/applications  .

Btw if i see this wrong way,let me know  please.