Not connected, Your IP: 3.236.219.157
jamesedaniels

Does BBC iPlayer work with AirVPN?

The BBC website is very, very slow from Naos.  This doesn't happen from a non AirVPN IP address. 

IPlayer does work it just takes a long time to start.

The BBC website is very, very slow from Naos.  This doesn't happen from a non AirVPN IP address. 

IPlayer does work it just takes a long time to start.

Evening,

Have noticed the same thing.  BBC website very slow to load.  The live text commentary on the sport pages also fails to load.  Have tried accessing from UK and NL servers but get the same result.  When I disconnect AirVPN and route normally via my ISP, everything on the BBC website loads fine.  

Currently connected to Alterf and seeing this issue.  All other websites load normally.  

Only using the AirVPN DNS servers.  

Regards,

S.

no access to any bbc site via any airvpn server, normal access and response to bbc.co.uk when not using airvpn

The BBC websites have now gone from being extremely slow to not loading at all. No problem when not using AirVPN.

So I found a quick (and dubious) fix to get iPlayer working - Google Data Saver add-on (chrome only), which acts much like a proxy.

Thanks go to whoever mentioned this on another thread in this section a while back.

Manage to play videos connected to Naos at time of writing.

So it appears that (at the very least) the host www.bbc.co.uk is being blocked by all of the UK servers at present. I've not dug deep enough to see if any of the myriad other bbc.co.uk and bbci.co.uk hosts iplayer uses are also affected or which ones google is relaying with this ad-on (I'm doubting the stream itself) but my guess is that it's using the google cache to deliver the main site which is blocked/throttled, which enables access to the unaffected video.

Obviously from a privacy/anonymity/security perspective, I wouldn't advise using this add-on for normal browsing...

fursday,

Just noticed that in the last hour or so the BBC website appears to be loading a lot quicker.  However I also noticed that www.bbc.co.uk redirects to www.bbc.com (which it did when they had the outage last week). This redirect is happening outside of AirVPN so doesn't appear to be anything they've done.  Are the BBC still having issues??

S.

The BBC website has not been accessible today from Naos.

Just checked Nunki and Carinae with the same result. All UK servers

It loads OK on my iPhone with 4G in the UK

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this?

Kevin

I'm still having spotty service since the site came back after the DDoS attacks.

Does it work from any US servers?

BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

on the

Sabik - us.png United States

all browsers not working giving same error , Edge , Firefox and Internet Explorer

trying too watch

On Now

08:00 - 09:00

Breakfast (BBC News Channel)

10/01/2016

edit , and just like that a refresh has fixed it..though it dident fix it before i posted.. wow its very hit and miss

but thanks

Hi  Brand new trial user from 30 mins ago   My 'Tunnel bear' stopped working today and I could no longer access BBC player or website TV shows.

Downloaded trial version of AIR VPN but no luck and No access.  Usual message about "only access from UK" even though my location is showing as 'London'

Is there likely to be a 'fix' for this or have BBC just outsmarted everyone.???   So much for 'Nation speaking unto nation' :-(  thanks for any help

Iplayer works just fine for me. How are you connecting to AirVPN? Are you using the Eddie client or OpenVPN?

Yeah, if you aren't using Eddie, you must. Eddie is capable of doing SmartDNS based geo-routing that you can't do with OpenVPN. In fact, if you ARE using Eddie, purposely do not connect to a UK server. Connect to Canada. It's amusing.

Yeah, if you aren't using Eddie, you must. Eddie is capable of doing SmartDNS based geo-routing that you can't do with OpenVPN. In fact, if you ARE using Eddie, purposely do not connect to a UK server. Connect to Canada. It's amusing.

Hello!

That's not an Eddie feature. You just need to use our VPN DNS. Eddie takes care of that, just like other OpenVPN wrappers such as OpenVPN GUI, Tunnelblick... Of course, if you run OpenVPN under Linux or *BSD, and you don't take care about DNS push from the server, then your system would not query VPN DNS. Additional info here: https://airvpn.org/topic/9608-how-to-accept-dns-push-on-linux-systems-with-resolvconf

Kind regards

trying too watch today and its super slow . my connection is good ..50/20 so no problems there

​lota of "failing too initialize"and lots of buffering..

​anyone else having issues today

​Im in australia using heze right now .. its happened on 3 different servers now.

​usa servers and sweden server

​also happening on Hong Kong server

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5008922753.png

​good enough to stream

Hello!

That's not an Eddie feature. You just need to use our VPN DNS. Eddie takes care of that, just like other OpenVPN wrappers such as OpenVPN GUI, Tunnelblick... Of course, if you run OpenVPN under Linux or *BSD, and you don't take care about DNS push from the server, then your system would not query VPN DNS. Additional info here: https://airvpn.org/topic/9608-how-to-accept-dns-push-on-linux-systems-with-resolvconf

Kind regards

Oh, duh. I should have known that. The feature worked for me on my Mac with Tunnelblick. I guess that wouldn't have been possible if it was an Eddie feature. Sorry to add confusion to this issue.

Had been using Naos until yesterday my IP address from my Tomato router seems to have stopped showing in the UK and of course now iPlayer fails to play anything. It seems my 'client certificate' setting won't save. I cannot seem to get the VPN to start....