Not connected, Your IP: 18.206.238.189
gazza1988

Tesco,com "access denied"

Hello I receive the following when connected to most servers (the routes bit shows its unavailable on every server) I tried a few different servers (just to see) and its the same everywhere.

I find it quite amusing I can access blocked sites like kick-ass but I can't do my online grocery shop  

Anyway this is what it says connected to UK Carinae server.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.tesco.com/" on this server.
Reference #18.7f6e5668.1448653091.294a62b

Also If I tries to force a https connection I get the following

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.tesco.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is www.tesco.com; its security certificate is from a248.e.akamai.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to www.tesco.com (unsafe)

Hi unfortunately tesco is block across every single UK server and the routes page shows it fails across every one in the list.

I know this is an old thread but I've just had this exact same problem. I was browsing the Tesco website just fine with Chrome whilst on Betelgeuse, then suddenly got the same "Access Denied" message, no matter which Tesco page I tried to load. I think I may have clicked back a bit too quickly or something, as it was as I was trying to go back to the search page I was looking at before, then got the message. Swapped server to Alathfar and was still getting the "Access Denied" message. Checked if I could access Tesco in Firefox, and that was fine, so cleared all Tesco cookies in Chrome and was able to access the website again. Best guess that it's some kind of anti-DoS attack protection. I've never had a problem with accessing Tesco before from UK or Netherlands servers whilst I've been with Air, so it was weird that it suddenly happened.

tl;dr Try clearing cookies. 

2021 and the same problem for me Access Denied but fine in Edge. I cleared all the Tesco cookies but still access denied. 

Tesco site blocked You don't have permission to access "http://www.tesco.com/groceries/?" on this server.

Reference #18.b367a5c.1671110673.3277f45
12/22   I've tried a few things but can't get through

I have had this problem for ages and it is very frustrating. My instinct and after reading other people's problems and solutions based around ISP is that it is something to do with DNS. I managed to solve the problem using Microsoft Edge setting. Go to Settings and search for DNS. You will see a "Use Secure DNS to specify how to look up the network address for Websites". It should be on of course and defaults to Use Current Service Provider. Check "Choose Service Provider" and you are given a selection. I selected Google. Restart Edge. Hey Presto. Everything now works.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:21 PM, Martin Taylor said:

I have had this problem for ages and it is very frustrating. My instinct and after reading other people's problems and solutions based around ISP is that it is something to do with DNS. I managed to solve the problem using Microsoft Edge setting. Go to Settings and search for DNS. You will see a "Use Secure DNS to specify how to look up the network address for Websites". It should be on of course and defaults to Use Current Service Provider. Check "Choose Service Provider" and you are given a selection. I selected Google. Restart Edge. Hey Presto. Everything now works.

Hello Martin.   I tried this and hey presto it still didnt work.
any other suggestions?

On 3/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, Kevin L said:

how can I try a Canadian server?

Connect to AirVPN Canada(Toronto). One of the servers in Toronto.
Open the browser...go to tesco.com.
Sign in with your account.
Order whatever is that you need and have the items/goods delivered to London, UK.(etc)

Find it occurs on few websites, TFTcentral, Currys website and tesco the way I work around it is to install opera and enable the free VPN that comes with it in settings and set Europe server. Just bare in mind this is Opera browsers own free VPN, doubt its as secure or private as AirVPN (nothing comes close yet) but if its just casual surfing and the odd shopping on tesco, you should be ok.

Its a quick fix and it works at least, no need to use other servers or mess about with connecting and disconnecting etc

I do the exact same principle with my mobile phone, disconnect wifi (air) and it goes to mobile data, I can then surf properly on any restricted website or app. Again just have to bare in mind you are not protected by AirVPN then.

I have not been able to find any better solutions, tried different dns, air servers in europe are good but you may run into UK sites thinking your from europe etc and speed drops since not connected to closest server, also sometimes it still blocks certain sites or apps.