Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.150.163
Sign in to follow this  
Matt197

Teamspeak 3 Server help

Hi,

I host a Teamspeak 3 server at home, I read that I shouldn't have port forwarding setup on my router when using the VPN.

So I set-up a port forwarding under my account on the AirVPN website, however I am not able to connect to my server by using the exit IP.

Anyone have any experience in getting a TeamSpeak 3 server to work with a AirVPN?

Thank you,

Matt

Setup: My router is configured to connect directly to the VPN, I am not using AirVPN client software.

If you're running the ts3 server on the router then the port of the ts3 server should be the same as the port you forwarded in the client area. If its on the pc behind the router that's a whole different ball of wax.

It would be easier and safer to just pick up a really cheap vps server and toss ts3 on it. There's a few vps companies around for 12$-15$ a year that would work well for it.

The TS3 server is run on my server computer.

I only use TS3 to talk to friends while playing games so really not worth paying for someone to host it.

Think I will bypass the VPN on my server and keep it how it was set-up before.

Thanks for the help.

What ever works for you m8.

If you ever want to try something different mumble is free "no slot limitations" and can use similar codecs.