Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.181.52
Sign in to follow this  
LazyLizard14

German servers very slow

So far I am happy user for almost a year. Today I noticed the german servers got really slow: they go barely beyond 5 MBit/s and have high ping (above 300 ms). Other countries servers do fine as usual.

I wonder if there is an ongoing issue? Somebody else notice this as well?

If you check the status page, you will see the German servers in many Top 10 charts. For example:

Not public.    de  Mesarthim    78.32 Mbit / sec    14h 23m 12s ago

Ping and speestest is something very individual, you will have to recheck it again, probably starting with your ISP.

Can you provide a traceroute (without first country of origin) to the german servers?

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Swiss servers are going slow too. Getting only 1.45mbps on my speed test. Used to be at least 10mbps if not more. My regular broadband connection allows for over 20mbps. Not happy with this.

Swiss servers are going slow too. Getting only 1.45mbps on my speed test. Used to be at least 10mbps if not more. My regular broadband connection allows for over 20mbps. Not happy with this.

Try Kitalpha.

I believe Virginis has minor speed issues sometimes, it seems to cap out.

After contacting the staff here is what came out. Staff does not see any problems on the servers itself but suspect routing / peering problems between my ISP and their ISP. All servers except Mesarthim are in the same datacenter and using the same ISP. So I connected to Mesarthim using a different provider and voila - everything back to normal!

Not really a solution but a (momentary) workaround.