Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.57.223

Hello,

So far, I am using AirVPN on my Ubuntu Server and loving it.  I have it set up and the download speeds are not too shabby.

My issue is that I have a PLEX media server, which people who use it have been complaining that it has been slow or unreachable.

Ideally, I would like to use AirVPN ONLY for my torrent client (Transmission).  All other traffic on my Linux Server should go through my local ISP (eth0).

I've read many tutorials on this, but I am not able to find anything that has actually worked.  Most of the items I have attempted have been using iptables.  Here is my ideal scenario:

1. Transmission goes through the AirVPN tunnel (tun0).
  2. If for some reason the AirVPN goes down, Transmission traffic should be rejected.
  3. All other traffic on my linux server should go through my local ISP (eth0).

Thank you!

Hello,

So far, I am using AirVPN on my Ubuntu Server and loving it.  I have it set up and the download speeds are not too shabby.

My issue is that I have a PLEX media server, which people who use it have been complaining that it has been slow or unreachable.

Ideally, I would like to use AirVPN ONLY for my torrent client (Transmission).  All other traffic on my Linux Server should go through my local ISP (eth0).

I've read many tutorials on this, but I am not able to find anything that has actually worked.  Most of the items I have attempted have been using iptables.  Here is my ideal scenario:

1. Transmission goes through the AirVPN tunnel (tun0).
  2. If for some reason the AirVPN goes down, Transmission traffic should be rejected.
  3. All other traffic on my linux server should go through my local ISP (eth0).

Thank you!

You can adapt to Linux the approach for Windows described here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9491-guide-to-setting-up-vpn-just-for-torrenting-on-windows/?p=10317

On Linux you need to use source address routing, and will not need IPTables/firewall, unlike on Windows. See:

https://airvpn.org/topic/14634-problems-using-air-vpn-as-non-default-route/?do=findComment&comment=29394

https://airvpn.org/topic/14158-question-run-airvpn-as-non-primary-network-adapter/?do=findComment&comment=27398

I use this on a Debian VPS. And at least one person indicated above that he/she has it working too.

Hello,

I suppose I am quite new at all of this.  I just looked through the Windows guide.  How much of this guide will I actually be using?

Thank you for your patience with me.