Not connected, Your IP: 3.94.99.173
ana.pofuk

local ads showing although on VPN

I'm currently in China and use airvpn. According to iplocation.net and similar sites, it seems like I'm browsing from Europe.

The issue is that local (Chinese) banners occur when I open some of the European sites. I've tried everything I could think of - history, cookies, etc have been removed on several occasions, computer and browsers restarted as well, while the VPN browsing is always performed in a private window. In addition, I often get the local search results. Tools like Chrome's "Close All & Clean" also don't help at all in this case.

Does it mean that this VPN is not functional and are there any steps to resolve this issue? Or should I not be worried at all?

Thank you

So, you seem to be leaking through both WebRTC and DNS.

uBlock Origin, an addon available for both Firefox and Chrome/Chromium, can stop the browser from leaking IPs through WebRTC:

yZLci8H.jpg

Fixing the DNS leak depends on how you connect to AirVPN. Are you already using the AirVPN Eddie client software? What's your operating system?

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0

Are you logged into any google ( or facebook ) service while this happens? both companies serve ads based on a profile they build on you which is why you sometimes gets foreign language ads after going on vacation in a forging country

The issue is that local (Chinese) banners occur when I open some of the European sites. I've tried everything I could think of - history, cookies, etc have been removed on several occasions, computer and browsers restarted as well, while the VPN browsing is always performed in a private window. In addition, I often get the local search results. Tools like Chrome's "Close All & Clean" also don't help at all in this case.

you are right, sorry.

anyway, here's the whole list of facts:

with uBlock, there are no more webrtc leaks

i am not logged into any services like facebook or google, ads are still showing

DNS is still leaking

the problem is same with openvpn and airvpn software, i can use any if it makes any difference

OS is Win 10

thynk you