Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.170
nodsa

solved ..slow speeds win7

Hi all,

newby...(and an old fart)...........please be gentle.

running win7 x64,fully updated,

Tp-link w9980 modem/router,

Talktalk ftc vdsl service ....speedtest. net  reports  a stable 75Mbps down, 18 Mbps up

I'm  a new user so i assume the client apps /drivers are latest and properly matched

with auto selected server (s) and manually selected   the max download speed (speedtest.net)  I've achieved is 20Mbps  upload 17.....

I've tried changing  mtu, setting openvpn process priority to high, and even setting th pc as DMZ.

I DO NOT think the problem is with the software/service/servers as I had exactly the same symptoms using PIA vpn.......also,interestingly  in trying out cyberghost 5 free  the speedtest results were in the high 60's/14.

I do think I'm missing a basic router or win7 setting

After a solid week  of testing/looking for answers /reinstalls etc, and with the same experience with win7 32 bit (different pc) I'm at my wits end...

If anyone can help / suggest avenues to explore /hints ,clues or outright handholding I would be extremely gratefull,

thanks in advance,

ian

Hi nodsa,

After switching from Windows 8.1 back to 7, I noticed a huge drop in speed with AirVPN. I get around 35Mbps using AirVPN which is half of my available bandwidth. I have tried changing just about every setting imaginable within the client, reverting to older versions of eddie, downgrading the TAP driver etc....

However, like yourself, I don't think this issue lies specifically with AirVPN....and like you, I'm completely lost for a solution.

The only small piece of advice i can offer is to try changing the protocol from automatic to SSL tunnel port 443. Doing that boosted my speed somewhat.

Good luck!

I also have Win7 64bit although my ISP is Virgin. I also had a problem with speed but found out it was ISP throttling. I tried the SSL tunnel through port 443 for a while but after several tries found that in my case anyway I got my highest speed using UDP port 443 instead. I have a 100MB service from my ISP and get that easily without AirVPN, with AirVPN and UDP 443 I get between 70 and 85MB on download. Funnily the upload speed stays the same at around 8.5-9.5Mb with or without AirVPN.

Hi guys, thanks for replies,

my 64bit laptop went tits up, and forced me onto an old 32 bit with a fresh install of windows,avg and nothing else installed.

out of the box Airvpn is testing at 55-65 on speedtest.net,and agreeing , broadly, with this on its own speed graph.    

What is different is completely beyond me...

& big kudos to devs, I tried PIAvpn client app on this very machine ,before Air, and  it crashed immediately.......methinks I'll be staying in this part of the world..

regards,

Ian

I'm strugging a bit.

Windows 7 64bit. My ISP speeds is average to good (400mb torrent is about 5 minutes without VPN connection).

Have come back to airvpn from a different VPN provider that is let down badly by a poor client. Otherwise was ok. With airvpn, client software is much better, but speeds are much less.

I had this problem first time around (why I left) and hoped it would be solved by now.

I have no P2P throttling from the ISP. With the other VPN provider both UDP and TCP provided fast speeds (close to the original ISP speeds). With airvpn it is almost unusable (for eample any streaming is out of the question).

What I do notice, and what put me off before, is that the speed fluctuates a lot with airvpn, changing from 1 B / s to 500 KB / s to whatever inbetween continously. This also happens regardless of what I am connecting to.

Has anyone actually solved airvpn on Windows 7? (rather than those that did not have any issue to being with)