Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.230.82
Sign in to follow this  
heyoldbuck

slow d/l speed with win7 but fast with win8.1?

Hello Gents. I have 2 laptops running win7 - HP dv6-1148 - 2.10 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 Dual-Core Processor - and  - Acer Aspire - 2.20 GHz AMD Athlon™ II P340 dual-core processor. When not using AirvVPN my d/l speed is 21-26mbs. Through airvpn it's a dismal 1.89 - 4 mbs. Now here's the odd bit. I also use a HP Envy - 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4700MQ - running win8.1 which has a consistant 21-26mbs with or without AirVPN. All 3 run WIFI through the same router and have AVG as a firewall. Could the processor speed be the difference when running through AirVPN? Without AirVPN they are equal in d/l speed. I've played with the AirVPN protocal settings on the win 7 machines and even tried eliminating the wifi and hard wired to the router with no difference. I also tried running both win7 machines through OpenVPN and got the same results. Any thoughts / suggestions?

Hi heyoldbuck. I have experienced the same problem as you and i found that deactivating the network lock returned me to full speed on Windows 7. I hope this helps.

Good luck.

Update: This seemed to help for a short time but my speeds are now back to almost half of what they should be. Back to the drawing board.

Since 1 lappy with win 8 is ok but the 2 win7 lappies are an issue you would have to think it is just a setting. Well i will give that network settting a try.

TY sir.