Not connected, Your IP: 44.201.64.238
j0pad0pa

Does "Network Lock" conflict with Comodo Firewall? And, How to Get uTorrent running on AirVPN.

I'm running AirVPN v.2.10.3 on a Windows 7 laptop with NOD32 antivirus (just downgraded from NOD32 internet security so that I can install the Comodo Firewall).  I am messing around with these settings because the old uTorrent (v. 1.8.2; there is a reason for this) stopped downloading for some reason, and I couldn't figure it out in the NOD32 firewall settings.

I am writing this post because I am confused about how the AirVPN "Network Lock" feature works with the Windows Firewall (especially since I will be using the Comodo setup here).

Is there a conflict of some sort or problem with using Comodo Firewall along with the "Network Lock" feature?  Or do they not work together?

Also, if there are specific instructions on how to get uTorrent working on AirVPN (still doesn't work), I'm still at a loss.

Thanks.

JP

If you have comodo firewall installed you need to disable windows firewall so network lock will not work and just disable it from airvpn program. About utorrent not working i can't tell you cause i use qbittorrent without any other change.

I've used Comodo Firewall in safe mode with network lock on without any problems for ages. I also use Bittorrent without modifications with no problems either. Latest versions of everything, Win 7.

I've used Comodo Firewall in safe mode with network lock on without any problems for ages. I also use Bittorrent without modifications with no problems either. Latest versions of everything, Win 7.

That's very risky. You have two programs with the same privileges competing to modify the kernel or OS packets filtering tables at the same time.

In general you must never run two firewalls simultaneously (that's true for any system, not only Windows).

Kind regards

That's very risky. You have two programs with the same privileges competing to modify the kernel or OS packets filtering tables at the same time.

In general you must never run two firewalls simultaneously (that's true for any system, not only Windows).

Kind regards

Thanks. Maybe this fact should be emphasized somewhere, maybe even in the GUI itself. Or Eddie could detect "competing" firewall and notify the user.

Kind regards

OK, thanks. I take it then that the firewall rules set up in Windows Firewall with network lock on are adequate and that the default rules are not required while connected through the vpn tunnel.

Wait a sec.  1) If I am running Comodo Firewall, I should not have "network lock" activated?  And, 2) I should also disable the Windows Firewall? 

How would I disable the Windows Firewall in Win7?

Wait a sec.  1) If I am running Comodo Firewall, I should not have "network lock" activated?  And, 2) I should also disable the Windows Firewall? 

How would I disable the Windows Firewall in Win7?

Network Lock uses Windows Firewall, therefore:

1) Correct

2) No

Windows Firelwall is easily switch off from within its own GUI.

Comodo Firewall normally switches the Windows firewall off during the installation but it can and has switched itself back on again during certain "second Tuesday" updates. To be sure just enter "services.msc" without the italics in the search window and scroll down to the Windows Firewall entry and disable it.

It has been almost two years since I started this thread.  Still using Comodo Firewall with the settings here, no "Network Lock" (red circle), and Windows Firewall set to 'disabled' in the services.msc.

Have we advanced anywhere with the firewall settings?  Are people still using Comodo Firewall?

Or has something newer / better / more advanced come out which AirVPN users are now using?

It has been almost two years since I started this thread.  Still using Comodo Firewall with the settings here, no "Network Lock" (red circle), and Windows Firewall set to 'disabled' in the services.msc.

Have we advanced anywhere with the firewall settings?  Are people still using Comodo Firewall?

Or has something newer / better / more advanced come out which AirVPN users are now using?

Hello!

People are still using Comodo for sure. But Eddie recently introduced the usage of Windows Filtering Platform - WFP. As an alternative to just using Windows Firewall. Thus (hopefully) allowing for greater compatibility with 3rd party firewall/security software, exactly like Comodo.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I had AirVPN a few years ago when Comodo was about the only free firewall you could configure to perform the functions of network lock. So, I re-installed it on this new computer before I came back to AirVPN and found out about network lock, which saved me the configuration hassle I went through last time and was prepared to go through again. Until this very moment, I wasn't even aware you weren't supposed to use Comodo and network lock at the same time. I've been using them both for a while now with no problems. For all I know, Windows firewall is running as well, but I haven't checked or messed with it as it's never been an issue, I hate screwing around with firewalls and Comodo seems to be working fine with or without network lock, picking up all the traffic just as it's supposed to.

Small edit:  Occasionally after a reboot, Eddie refuses to connect until I disable and re-enable network lock.  Don't know whether that has anything to do with Comodo or not, but I rarely reboot so I haven't yet bothered to troubleshoot it.  Utorrent works fine after doing the port forwarding thing too. 

I have using in windows CFW10 no probs with or without NL, whatsoever. Of course i have Win firewall disabled. Long time, no issue. Comodo Firewall isn't a easier choise for newbie or even average user... Lot of configuration and settings u have to know what they do and not etc... I suggest do deep research for comodo forums etc.. And yes WFP on.

"You don't have to be a genius to sound like one." - BDS