Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.87.38
Sign in to follow this  
calculus

VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate is not yet valid (Using router with Tomato Shibby firmware)

I have changed nothing in my router configuration yet when I came home today, I noticed I couldn't surf the internet. Power cycled both router and modem and still couldn't surf the internet until I turned off the VPN client in my router. According to my router logs, I'm getting this error (I removed the IP address of the VPN server I'm using):

Dec 31 18:53:33 unknown daemon.notice openvpn[5313]: Socket Buffers: R=[120832->131072] S=[120832->131072]Dec 31 18:53:33 unknown daemon.notice openvpn[5313]: UDPv4 link local: [undef]Dec 31 18:53:33 unknown daemon.notice openvpn[5313]: UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]IP_ADRESS_VPN_SERVER_USED:53Dec 31 18:53:33 unknown daemon.notice openvpn[5313]: TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]IP_ADRESS_VPN_SERVER_USED:53, sid=f95003c0 3a6e5db8Dec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.err openvpn[5313]: VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate is not yet valid: C=IT, ST=IT, L=Perugia, O=airvpn.org, CN=airvpn.org CA, emailAddress=info@airvpn.orgDec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.err openvpn[5313]: TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:14090086:lib(20):func(144):reason(134)Dec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.err openvpn[5313]: TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read errorDec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.err openvpn[5313]: TLS Error: TLS handshake failedDec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.notice openvpn[5313]: SIGUSR1[soft,tls-error] received, process restartingDec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.notice openvpn[5313]: Restart pause, 2 second(s)

I've also attached screenshots of how the VPN client is configured on my router

your date seems off, correct it.

your router firmware may have an ntp client which can be set up to sync the time with an ntp server like pool.ntp.org this way you can easily achieve the correct time even after unplugging your router

I've highlighted the error for you I'm guessing the routers NTP server has stopped replying - try setting the time manually

[...]

Dec 31 18:53:34 unknown daemon.err openvpn[5313]: VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=certificate is not yet valid: C=IT, ST=IT, L=Perugia, O=airvpn.org, CN=airvpn.org CA, emailAddress=info@airvpn.org

[...]

I couldn't find where to set the time manually on my router and trying to change the NTP server settings did nothing. I reflashed my router and all is well with the time working correctly. Thank you everyone for the help!    Didn't even notice to check if the time was working correctly or not.