Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.90.141
bulbous_blues

another port forwarding question

Hi

I'm having problems setting up port forwarding

I am using a ac68u router with merlin firmware installed. I used the config generator and selected router or other, I selected a server and Direct, protocol UDP, port 443 and downloaded a config file and uploaded to my routers vpn section. That seems to work fine I am connected to the vpn.

I am also trying to use deluge torrent program. I went to the client section and port forwwarding and selected port 57893 tcp & udp protocol, local port and ddns left black and forwarded the port. I entered the port into deluge, restarted deluge. When I do the tcp test it fails. I used the test port funtion in deluge and it failed, I also went to canyouseeme website and also failed.

I'm not sure what to do next.

Thanks

I think when the VPN client is on the router, then it is the only case in which you need to also forward the port on the router (else IPTABLES will simply drop the packets). 

Hi

I havent used iptables before, I gave it ago. I enabled sshI logged into my router using PuTTY and typed the settings you refered to. it seemed to accept them, I didnt get an error message. I rebooted the router after. But the port still isnt open. Sorry what am I doing wrong.