Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.22.225

Hey so I have a question; are there any plans on having a Japanese or Korean server or servers in the future? Maybe just routing servers?

Thanks for any replies.

Air had Korean servers but withdrew them this week due to national government-imposed censorship. Korean laws are not compatible with the mission objectives of AirVPN. Not sure about Japan though. Here is the Staff announcement about the withdrawal.

Japan is very slow in terms of adopting web hosting and cloud related technologies.

The large data-centers still require full documentation and local presence for dedicated servers.

Softlayer and others do sell servers there, but they don't allow P2P as well as other things.

Singapore remains the only place in Asia with fair network and sane prices for now.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Japan is very slow in terms of adopting web hosting and cloud related technologies.

The large data-centers still require full documentation and local presence for dedicated servers.

Softlayer and others do sell servers there, but they don't allow P2P as well as other things.

Singapore remains the only place in Asia with fair network and sane prices for now.

A look at Singapore's censorship policy:

https://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/cens3.html#sing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Singapore

This is true only for residential connections - SingTel, StarHub and M1.

Business ISPs have a free peering permission and do not have to comply with MDA.

Same rules apply in most Asian and Middle eastern countries. For Asia, Singapore and Hong Kong

are the most unrestricted ones in terms of Internet censorship.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.