Not connected, Your IP: 44.211.35.130
snaggle

Windows 10 DNS resolver and DNS Leaks

Hello!

If you run our client Eddie in Windows 10, it already sets VPN DNS for ALL network interfaces by default (unless you explicitly configure it not to do it, of course).

About the last part of the article:

If you use OpenVPN, make sure it rewrites default gateway and not adds 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1 routes (use redirect-gateway without def1 option) as this allows Windows to bind DNS request to your network interface and send it unencrypted.

please note that this option is already available in Eddie 2.9.2 and 2.10.2 Experimental.

Kind regards

It's good to know Air has got our backs and that your providing solutions for problems as they occur.

Thanks

I shared this as it shed some light on to whats happening in w8 and w10 regarding leaking DNS.

Hello!

It appears that Eddie 2.9.2 has various issues with Windows 10.

When you run Windows 10, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to Eddie 2.10.2 Experimental. In the usual download page please click "Other versions" then select "Experimental" to point to it. Select the proper version for your Windows edition and download it.

Eddie 2.10.2 features some important bug fixes as well from version 2.9.2.

Kind regards

I have the latest client installed and the dns leaks in windows 10, any solutions?

Please enable Network Lock and test again.

Kind regards

I finally found a workaround. if i set manually in ipv4 properties the DCHP IP, subnet mask and gateway, then there are no leaks.

But this is cumbersome, because once i disconnect from the VPN, the settings need to be reverted to automatic, or else access to the net is blocked.

So the whole proccess need to be redone before every time i connect.

I just enabled network lock, it did not solve it.

That's not what we reproduce. Is IPv6 disabled?

Kind regards

I used the program from here https://dnsleaktest.com/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak.html  Works for me.  Make sure when you first run dnsfixsetup.exe you are not connected to any vpn and that you are running in administrator (always right click and run as administrator), even if you are logged in as administrator. Make sure that openVPN is always run as administrator too.  This setup works for me.