Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.210.17
Sign in to follow this  
Miami12

Lose all network connectivity UNLESS I"m using AirVPN on Windows 8.1

Please disregard (and/or) delete. There's already a thread covering this topic, and somehow I missed it even though it's pinned.

Air's DNS settings have probably gotten stuck somehow even when you disconnect, leaving you unable to use the internet when disconnected since you can no longer communicate with Air's DNS servers. You can follow the guide here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/fl/change-dns-servers-windows-8.htm but after point 9 in the instructions you want to stop following it and do this instead: untick the "use the following DNS server addresses" option if it's ticked by ticking the "obtain DNS server address automatically" circle instead. Then save the settings and the problem is hopefully fixed. This problem is usually caused by Eddie (the client) not being shut down properly.

Air's DNS settings have probably gotten stuck somehow even when you disconnect, leaving you unable to use the internet when disconnected since you can no longer communicate with Air's DNS servers. You can follow the guide here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/fl/change-dns-servers-windows-8.htm but after point 9 in the instructions you want to stop following it and do this instead: untick the "use the following DNS server addresses" option if it's ticked by ticking the "obtain DNS server address automatically" circle instead. Then save the settings and the problem is hopefully fixed. This problem is usually caused by Eddie (the client) not being shut down properly.

Thanks. I accidentally posted this thread when there was another thread. Anyway, I found a solution from the other thread, which appears to be basically the same thing as you posted for me. For my local ethernet and wifi I did as you stated and set DNS to automatic under properties for Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and it all is working fine.

I could have been shutting Eddie  down incorrectly too. "Eddie" is a new term for me. Thanks for pointing out who Eddie is   Thx again!