Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.186.164
LightlySalted

Connection slow / drops when downloading torrents

Hi

I've noticed over the past couple of months torrent downloads (all my downloads are non movies / music / games etc) have become so slow it's not worth downloading with VPN on 

I'm usually connected to the Netherlands or Germany and going back a page or searching the internet will also make torrent downloads come to a grinding halt, and at times the connection will freeze and sometimes drop.

I've tested with various torrent clients and tweaked all of them but the problem remains.

Am I correct in thinking my ISP has something to do with this problem?

Thanks.

This is something I dealt with recently, though I'm not an expert. Do you mind me asking who your ISP is? I had similar issues to you (only 25% of normal speed over OpenVPN, torrents very slow, unstable connection, 'possible replay' errors in the logs etc). As soon as I switched to connecting to port 443 over SSL my problems disappeared. Back to full speed, no torrent issues, rock solid stable connection (days on end no problem), and no more replay warnings. Worth a try if you haven't already!