Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249
eyes878

Slow Steam download speeds

I still can't figure out why this affects some of us, but not all of us.  I'm a Windows 10 64 user (primarily) and I'm using the 9.21 driver and I'm getting 44mb/s down and 38mb/s up right now.  I think that's pretty damn good for a VPN.  Why does 9.21 only bork some people's systems but not others?  I don't suppose I'll ever know.

Its just different hardware configs I think. My Dell lappy for instance hates a lot of the latest drivers for certain components, sometimes failing altogether, so we have to stick with the originals in most cases.

Well, I don't seem to be able to downgrade my TAP driver because as soon as I do, Eddie upgrades it again instantly.

There is no option anywhere for "Disable Driver Update".

Must be unter Preferences - > Advanced -> General on the right side, below "Switch DHCP to Static"

P.S.: Maybe you are running Linux. This option is only available under Windows.

Not currently at my Windows PC, but it definitely wasn't there - I'll check over things and provide a screenshot when I can.

Where am I going wrong?

3ZoXFT.png

EDIT: I stayed on 2.9.2 because of another issue (probably TAP related) - I have updated to 2.10 and disabled driver upgrade while on 9.9.1. Hopefully this fixes it, thank you for your help.