Not connected, Your IP: 54.163.221.133
HW73

ANSWERED Can only connect to the internet (browser) through AirVPN

/Windows 7

Hi, not sure if it helps somebody, but I use 2 bat's sometimes if I dont want to use AirVPN (for Gaming). I have 10.5.0.1 and 10.4.0.1 (windows) as DNS for the DNS Leak Problems..

Well.. you need to change the "LAN-Verbindung" to your Adapter Name and you might wanna use the hosts entry: "95.211.138.143    airvpn.org"

/Use for AirVPN connections

//DNS change to AirVPN.bat

_ _ _ _ _

netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="LAN-Verbindung" static 10.4.0.1 primary
netsh interface ipv4 add dns name="LAN-Verbindung" 10.5.0.1
ipconfig /flushdns
pause

_ _ _ _ _

/Use Internet without AirVPN

//DNS Change to no DNS.bat

_ _ _ _ _

netsh interface ipv4 set dns "LAN-Verbindung" dhcp
ipconfig /flushdns
pause

_ _ _ _ _

your answer is very helpful.....and perhaps sheds some light, now that I am thinking about it, on our other, still unresolved matter re standard, non-admin use.

I'm having this problem on a Mac. I've been using Viscosity with AirVPN for years, and finally decided to give Eddie a try, but with Eddie I can only go online when I'm connected through an AirVPN server.

I tried cheggersb's suggestion, above, but it didn't work for me. I'm not on a wi-fi network, my computer is plugged directly into the modem, so I have wi-fi turned off. I tried turning it on and running the diagnostics to see it it would help, but it didn't. 

The only way I can use my own IP is to quit Eddie entirely, then launch it again when I want to use it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Using Eddie 2.10.3 on OSX 10.10.5.

There was no problem aftar all... it was just me being dumb.

I had Network Lock enabled, so every time I'd disconnect from an Air server my connection would go down. D'oh!  

*Wow, I was typing quite a long post here and all of a sudden it went blank and disappeared.  I have no idea if I accidentally sent it or if it just went into cyberspace.  Will try to start again.*

I was saying that I am having what seems to be the same issue as the others who have posted in this thread.  I've been using AirVPN for quite a while and this has never happened before, but suddenly I can only access the internet through AirVPN. 

Yesterday I shut down the VPN, and as usual I
(1) unlocked the Network Lock
(2) Changed my TCP/ipv4 IP to "automatic" as well as the DNS to "automatic"
Then I shut down my computer.

When I restarted the computer I found I was unable to connect to the internet.  My first thought was that I did not do the two items I listed, so I double checked.  No, IP was set to automatic as well as DNS assignment which has always worked.  But when I started AirVPN so I could verify that the network lock was off, I was surprised to find that it connected right away to the internet.  Shut it down again with the same results, no web access.

I still haven't found my solution but am still working on it.  It's normally not an issue, but it's a bit annoying when I'm shopping online and the cyberstore immediately tells me, "sorry, we don''t ship to Canada... or to the Netherlands, lol.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on this PC, will try running some Win7 network diagnostics and see what happens.  The Firewall is a pain because it's controlled by my Panda anti-virus software but it seems to be acting normally. 

I'll post more if I can figure out what my problem is.

*Wow, I was typing quite a long post here and all of a sudden it went blank and disappeared.  I have no idea if I accidentally sent it or if it just went into cyberspace.  Will try to start again.*

I was saying that I am having what seems to be the same issue as the others who have posted in this thread.  I've been using AirVPN for quite a while and this has never happened before, but suddenly I can only access the internet through AirVPN. 

Yesterday I shut down the VPN, and as usual I

(1) unlocked the Network Lock

(2) Changed my TCP/ipv4 IP to "automatic" as well as the DNS to "automatic"

Then I shut down my computer.

When I restarted the computer I found I was unable to connect to the internet.  My first thought was that I did not do the two items I listed, so I double checked.  No, IP was set to automatic as well as DNS assignment which has always worked.  But when I started AirVPN so I could verify that the network lock was off, I was surprised to find that it connected right away to the internet.  Shut it down again with the same results, no web access.

I still haven't found my solution but am still working on it.  It's normally not an issue, but it's a bit annoying when I'm shopping online and the cyberstore immediately tells me, "sorry, we don''t ship to Canada... or to the Netherlands, lol.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on this PC, will try running some Win7 network diagnostics and see what happens.  The Firewall is a pain because it's controlled by my Panda anti-virus software but it seems to be acting normally. 

I'll post more if I can figure out what my problem is.

Well, I got my problems solved.  Naturally, it was the last solution I tried, lol.  I finally broke down and took the Administrator's advice (although I was doubtful); I swallowed hard and reset my Windows Firewall.  I immediately had access to the rest of the internet again.  Yes, it's a PITA to add back in all the programs that I want to have access through the firewall but I can do that as the need arises.  Somehow the firewall had become corrupted and it involved AirVPN.  But I don't even care about how it happened from a technical POV, as long as I know it's something I can fix I'm happy. 

I think one thing that threw me is that my antivirus software was handling my firewall and I didn't realize that the Windows Firewall was running underneath it; the antivirus was totally irrelevant.   I disabled that before restoring the Windows firewall and then re-enabled it afterwards and it's happy.  And I'm happy.

There's one thing that I'm still a bit confused about however, and that is how to disable the Network Lock when exiting the AirVPN client.  I've been closing AirVPN and it asks me something like, "Are you sure you want to exit?" and I say yes and close it.  It seems like half the time I have no internet access and have to open AirVPN again, and when I open it it says, "Network Lock Active" and that is when I have the option to disable it.  Is there a way to disable it before shutting down AirVPN?

Same thing happens to me.  Have to reset my DNS settings.  I don't really care though, because I'm on the VPN 24/7 most of the time anyway.  It's really a minor inconvenience (to me anyway).  

I'm new to airVPN and have had quite a few problems. Initially I could not get any connection and then after a restart and much to-ing and fro-ing, managed to access UK servers. Then, after disconnecting, I had exactly the same issues as described above. After resetting the DNS to auto, it seemed to be fine -- however there's one more thing to be pointed out is that quitting the client via the systray did not provide a clean shutdown. Only from the main programme window.

Would be good if some of this stuff could be sorted out but I guess eventually I got airVPN to do what I wanted and will probably use it again in the future -- I only require a VPN every now and again so the 3 day thing is useful.

I'm new to airVPN and have had quite a few problems. Initially I could not get any connection and then after a restart and much to-ing and fro-ing, managed to access UK servers. Then, after disconnecting, I had exactly the same issues as described above. After resetting the DNS to auto, it seemed to be fine -- however there's one more thing to be pointed out is that quitting the client via the systray did not provide a clean shutdown. Only from the main programme window.

Would be good if some of this stuff could be sorted out but I guess eventually I got airVPN to do what I wanted and will probably use it again in the future -- I only require a VPN every now and again so the 3 day thing is useful.

I wish I could get my head around to-ing and fro-ing but its way to complex for me.

Sorting out some of this stuff would certainly be good if some good stuff in the way of information was provided since it seems for 99% of users these problems do not arise and cannot be replicated.

If I ever get problems like these I usually spend a great deal of time finding out what is not right with my system, since it is unlikely there is a problem with Air software.

The reason you didn't get a clean shutdown is because it asks if you wanna exit. Also if you are using network lock(which I recommend) it will set your DNS and firewall settings back to what it was before it got activated.

I'm having this problem on Linux Mint.  It seems to have started after I upgraded from Mint 17.2 to 17.3 via the Mint Update Manager

I use the latest Eddie, use the dns set to the automatic or rename method,   and network lock set to automatic. 

I disconnect, log out, then turn off the network lock and exit correctly.  Then I have no internet unless I go back and use Air and Eddie.

My problem is that I don't know how to fix it - I haven't learnt this part of linux yet. 

Yestereday it somehow fixed itself after I booted another os and then returned to Mint - I don't know how or why.

Has anyone got any instructions on how I can fix?

Thanks for reading

64 bit Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3

which is based on Ubuntu 14.04

Edit: I've tried resetting the dns settings in my Network Settings app in the bottom panel but that doesn't fix it.

Hi guys,

Just chiming in here to explain what fixed this for me.

So what caused the issue is i didnt close eddie properly and computer had to be reset while un-installing new software.

when i restarted windows, i was getting the standard "network lock activated" response, whereby no internet traffic works at all.

Connecting and re-connecting the VPN, reapplying and removing the network lock, reseting, etc, had no effect. also changing the network lock protocal in preferences from 'windows firewall'to 'automatic', and then re-connecting, disconnecting, resetting, etc, all had no effect.

so i stumbled onto this guide.

First attempt i did the reset DNS settings thing in control panel, and reset ipv4 DNS from a pre-selected server to "automatic".

no effect, same issue.

I then went into windwos firewall settings and restored the defaults, and then re-opened eddie and applied the network lock and its now working again.

i re-checked the DNS settings, and AirVPN has re-applied the correct ipv4 settings that i previously changed to automatic.

I also re-checked my windows firewall settings and they appear to be set correctly, but is there a way i can check this?

Obviously the network lock feature is important to have working correctly, so i would like to be sure that my AirVPN firewall settings have been re-applied correctly?

Is it enough to verify that when network lock is activated, that if all other connections are inactive, then it is working correctly?

To my mind i think that is correct, but would like to get some confirmation from the Guru's on here for peace of mind.

TL;DR --

1. didnt shut eddie down properly, network lock malfunctioned and was perma-locked, only able to access internet via eddie

2. followed directions in OP and went into network DNS settings, reset ipv4 DNS to 'automatic'.
3. went into windows firewall settings and restored defaults.
4. reconnected to eddie, re-applied network lock (re-applies DNS and firewall settings), and am back to normal now.

Stupid Eset decided to randomly start blocking airvpn or something of that nature. Fixed my problem.

Well that would all be nice if I didn't use Linux. Unfortunately I do use Linux (Fedora 25 KDE) so all the Windows Firewall and DNS settings talk does not help me at all. And why does it only concern the German servers? All others work flawlessly.

It was my understanding that it doesn't have anything to do with the server you're connected to.  It's the fact that Eddie changes the DNS settings and then changes them back when it disconnects.  If Eddie quits unexpectedly, like you shut down without quitting Eddie,  then the DNS servers are not switched back to their proper settings.

Eddie is always shut down properly. And it only concerns the German servers. In Eddie, the servers are ordered according to their latency. When the German servers are on top Eddie keeps trying to connect to no avail until it finally reaches the first non German server in the list, then it successfully connects to that server. What's more if I use the latest beta of Eddie (2.12.3) this issue does not occur. There must be something wrong here.

Yep, I just realized I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

After finishing my VPN session what exactly do I do to undo the changes Network Lock makes?  

Can I just log out of Eddie or does the Eddie interface need to close?

The reason I ask is that I can not close the Eddie interface.  If I do I need to reboot in order to log into the VPN again.  I would rather not do that and just have Eddie open in the background.

After finishing my VPN session what exactly do I do to undo the changes Network Lock makes?  The reason I ask is that I can not close the Eddie interface.  If I do I need to reboot in order to log into the VPN again.  I would rather not do that and just have Eddie open in the background.

Hello!

Please click "Deactivate Network Lock" button in the main Eddie window.

Kind regards

I kept having this problem,didn't realise I had to disconnect Eddie first before I shut down the PC so in the morning I would turn it on and have no internet connection,what I did was,if you shut down and forget to disconnect Eddie,its ok,when you turn on your PC reconnect to Eddie then disconnect and then Eddie sorts out the DNS problem for you,and you can get the internet without being connected to AirVPN Eddie.Like I am now.

I've had this problem for years and did nothing - I'm extremely resistant to change. 

Finally took the advise and reset windows7 firewall to  default settings.  Machine crashed - most definitely due to other malware corruptions that I also have not fixed

BUT upon reboot it has resolved my problem without having to fiddle with the DNS (which is good because the link is broken)

Thanks very much.

For Mac OSX users

Although this is an old thread, I just had the same problem. Yesterday Eddie was connected while power went out in my house and after power returned, Eddie connected as usual. This morning after computer startup I couldn't connect to the internet without Eddie. This is what I did to get back my regular internet connection:
1. while Eddie was active (connected to a server) I deactivated the network lock and quit Eddie;
2. went to System Preferences - Network - (Wi-Fi) Advanced... - DNS;
3. deleted from the left column (DNS Servers) the two addresses (one is IP4 and the other IP6 address).
After deleting those, new IP4 and IP6 addresses appeared, which are the regular ones I get from the service provider. I started up Eddie and activated the network lock again and now everything is fine. I guess power loss/internet connection loss messed something up. Hope this helps someone