Not connected, Your IP: 18.189.2.122
metalbew

im trying to buy router for dd-wrt help?

So i installed dd-wrt on my old router i had laying around, sad to say open vpn wasnt on it.

so i am looking for a cheap router that is capable of the mega dd-wrt firmware or just the openvpn firmware.

i am only going to be using the openvpn client but i seen a lot of router that dont have just the openvpn but the mega.

can anyone tell me a cheap price on a router that is capable of ddwrt with at least 8mb flash.

And also a good internet speed while using the vpn

But you know vpn is Slower on Router on ac68u i get 2.200-2.800kbs max

But you know vpn is Slower on Router on ac68u i get 2.200-2.800kbs max

what?  you're doing something wrong then.  my AC68 can do 50mbit/s with merlin-asus firmware.

this is something sim to what i would ruin if i wanted cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Poweredge-R200-Xeon-E3110-Dual-Core-3-0GHz-4GB-250GB-7-2K-SATA-HDD-Rails-/111397768721?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item19efd30e11

i would slap OpenBSD or Hardened BSD on it.if your not up for the learning curve pfsense and or opensence might be your best opp. id kill my self over using a old router for a fw just my opinion

if u go with pfsense i would advise not using the guide on air its meh any way take care hope u fig it out

<br>

Edit:

<br>

i see that this is not the server i would use there was one i seen with ecc ram i would look for that one i dont have time to find it my self atm sorry this server is still good though. (i think its even cheaper then that server sorry i ran out of time)

you could use tp link routers ,,, see ddwrt page, some start at 25+ at amazon. i use ie wdr3600 np noticed so far,,,,

this is something sim to what i would ruin if i wanted cheap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Poweredge-R200-Xeon-E3110-Dual-Core-3-0GHz-4GB-250GB-7-2K-SATA-HDD-Rails-/111397768721?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&amp;hash=item19efd30e11

i would slap OpenBSD or Hardened BSD on it.if your not up for the learning curve pfsense and or opensence might be your best opp. id kill my self over using a old router for a fw just my opinion

if u go with pfsense i would advise not using the guide on air its meh any way take care hope u fig it out

<br>

Edit:

<br>

i see that this is not the server i would use there was one i seen with ecc ram i would look for that one i dont have time to find it my self atm sorry this server is still good though. (i think its even cheaper then that server sorry i ran out of time)

thanks i just got a linksys e2500 it has 5ghz wifi and im the only one that uses wired and we have fire tv stick so it would make streaming even better

yea i thought pf sense would help more but i dont have an old pc to put it on and im saving up money instead of buy a router from pfsense

thank you for you advice though i really appreciate it