Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.186.170
larukuhyde

Yet another new user with slow download speed

I don't really want to create another slow speed post, but I tried to solve it for a day and I'm running out of idea.

I'm in Canada and my isp is Rogers.  My speed is 250/20.  When I tried the airvpn speedtest, I was never able to pass 20mbit/s on download(I have no problem on uploads).  I also tried to compare the download speed while downloading an actually file(nvidia driver), the download rate is 30-35 mb/s without vpn and max 4 mb/s with vpn.  I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, I tried setting larger buffer size(it seems to increase the download slightly), switching to old tap driver(the older tap driver seems to work better), tried every protocols(the default udp is the best) and disable the firewall(does not have any effect).  I tried playing around with these, and it will either increase or decrease the download speed slightly within the range of 500 kb/s to 4 mb/s, which is almost 10x slower than what my internet is capable of.  I've also tried on my other computer which runs on ubuntu, and the download speed is pretty much the same.

I remember reading somewhere that other Rogers customers are able to achieve max download speed with airvpn, so I don't think it's a problem with the isp or vpn, I just can't figure out what's wrong with my connection/computer.

I've also noticed a slight slow down in speed. Wondering if it has to do with the new version of the AirVPN client or driver?

I'm also now getting the constant disconnect/connect, even though it's been reported on another thread that this was fixed. Seems to be happening more on the U.S. west coast servers for me.