Not connected, Your IP: 34.238.143.70

Well, I had some disappointing results with DD-WRT (lack of stability on my router) so I'm planning to go back to stock firmware and place a firewall appliance between the router and the modem, to control which traffic goes where in a simple, GUI way.  I saw some posts on here mentioning pFsense, but me being me I wanted to try out something else first.  More Googling showed Sophos UTM is a popular Firewall with a great user interface.  Has anyone had any success running AirVPN with Sophos UTM Firewall?  I have the software installed but I can't seem to find a way to add an openVPN client connection, SSL or SSH connection.  Perhaps I'm missing something?

I'm also considering trying out Untangle, IPfire and finally pFsense if I don't find what I want with the others.  Yeah, I'm scared off pFsense's interface..

So neither Sophos nor Untangle will connect to AirVPN as a client.  Both recommend IPSec which as we all know isn't planned.  IPFire next..

Scared of what part in the interface (of pfSense?) By the time you will buy the appliance, a new version will be released featuring the bootstrap theme.

It should simplify the overall web experience by replacing objects with "empty fields" with buttons and drop down menus.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Using pfSense since 2.2 betas and always as AirVPN client serving a dedicated subnet of my home lan (NAS, HTPC). Interface is pretty straightforward, no fancy widget...I know, but it does what a firewall/router need to do.

- Router/Firewall pfSense 23.01 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11320H @ 3.20GHz)

- Switch Cisco SG350-10

- AP Netgear RAX200 (Stock FW)

- NAS Synology DS1621+ (5 x 5TB WD Red)

- ISP: Fiber 1000/300 (PPPoE)

can you assist me in the PFSense setup?

I followed this guide in the forums but couldn't connect

Where are you stuck? If you follow the guide posted in the forum you should be fine. Try to post screenshots....it easier for us to review and drive you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- Router/Firewall pfSense 23.01 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11320H @ 3.20GHz)

- Switch Cisco SG350-10

- AP Netgear RAX200 (Stock FW)

- NAS Synology DS1621+ (5 x 5TB WD Red)

- ISP: Fiber 1000/300 (PPPoE)