Not connected, Your IP: 3.227.239.160
Anonymous_13

ANSWERED Remote Access (NAS-Server) behind AirVPN

I've set up AirVPN in my router so all traffic at home is inside the VPN. Now I want to acess my NAS (Synology). How does this work?

At home I use my internal IP address following by the http port of synology for example 192.168.1.123:5001

Now I've tried by forwarding the port in my router and on AirVPN and then I entered the public exit IP from the VPN 92.xxx.xxx.xxx:5001 but that didn't worked.

I could enter a DDNS on my NAS but of course my NAS only has the IP from AirVPN

And same for my router. When entering a DDNS server on my router, it publishes the AirVPN public exit IP (makes sense in a way). Did I missed something?

If you are portforwarding with AirVPN - DO NOT OPEN THE PORTS IN YOUR ROUTER.

Simply forward the port in the Client Area to go to the connection you need, if necessary you can have a differing external and internal port if you cannot change the port of the NAS. You can then access the NAS via <AirVPN external IP>:<Forwarded Port>.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions if you do not understand anything.

Simply forward the port in the Client Area to go to the connection you need, if necessary you can have a differing external and internal port if you cannot change the port of the NAS. You can then access the NAS via <AirVPN external IP>:<Forwarded Port>.

sorry, @eyes878, the OP is running openvpn on the router, not using Air's client on a LAN machine.  therefore, ports must be opened/forwarded on the router.

I achieved the goal by using the asuscomm DDNS service. This way my router can be accessed by a subdomain of asus. When adding the NAS port at the end of the subdomain address I can login into my NAS from outside VPN. Not the best solution for me but the easiest.

sorry, @eyes878, the OP is running openvpn on the router, not using Air's client on a LAN machine.  therefore, ports must be opened/forwarded on the router.

go558a83nk... I think even when running openvpn on a router you should still never forward ports on it. I use a router and AirVPN port forwarding works fine. I'd really appreciate it if an AirVPN staff member could confirm this.

You want staff to confirm?? Then read the link I posted in my reply above.

I get the feeling you don't know what it means to run openVPN on the router.