Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.93.44

Hello,

it might have hit the news but Czech Ministry of Interrior has passed some troublesome legislature concerning privacy and data retention. Recent amentmednts have made Czech ISPs to log everything in terms of:

IP adresses assigned and ports to clients (full sockets),

destination IPs including ports,

internal adresses on home networks (yes they want try to dig behind NAT),

MAC adresses of devices on local networks.

All of these should be stored for period of six moths and are accessible on prompt by court order such data then should be transfered to eitherpolice or secret service. Basically they brought back dataretention in full scale in direct defiance of Constitutional court decision on this matter and despite simillar decision by European court of justice.

Please be advised that even if it is latelly considered illegal act in direct breach of constitutional and international law, the Czech ISPs will be required to log everything and hand it over to police and secret services till that amendment is null and void by Constitutional court. So please warn your clients not to use any Czech proxies or servers till this matter is settled.

No mostly IPv4 some parts of their network are extremely outdated. In some cases they would have to either ask for those data from clients or root their routers.

First, it's quite an old news I guess.

I remember the talks on EFF from around 2012, and I found the link,

http://merlin.obs.coe.int/iris/2012/9/article15.en.html

Second, I think it only applies for residential ISPs, as you cannot enforce anything near that

on a business network. Starting from location data they wanted, and not limited to NetFlow-style logs.

Third, Air's Czech server is physically in the Czech Republic, but it is under a 100% U.S. based company

(FDCservers) so it operates according to their ToS. Even the IP ranges are relocated (ARINs 50.x with whois

trick for Geolocation). The only thing that connects it to Czech rules is the Dial Telecom transit.

But here Staff can maybe comment more on this if they wish to.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.