Not connected, Your IP: 3.23.101.60
Sign in to follow this  
bulldog11

Connection Problems with VPN Closed

Since I upgraded to the new version I've been having connection problems.

With the VPN closed I can't access the internet. I don't have the network lock on but I still have o have the VPN running to get any connection.

I have been using air vpn for about 1 year now, and have had this issue sporadically from the beginning.

Basically, after shutting down air vpn, I cannt access the internet through regular means.

I try uninstalling TAP driver, reboot, etc.  Sometimes I can get it to resolve itself, but this time it seems more stubborn.

Logging on to air vpn continues to work fine.

Could it be you have set the DNS servers to the airVPN servers? therefore stoping any DNS lookups when your not connect?

Yeah definitely check your DNS-settings. If you're on Windows it could be worth running a troubleshoot on your connection, it might help you localize the problem.

When I have had this problem I've either had to reset Windows Firewall settings or change DNS.

Hi

I've also been recently experiencing this problem too. I've tried a few versions [including the experimental versions] but it still comes and goes. At the moment I didn't have net access with AirVPN disconnected but thanks to your suggestion I've gone into my network adapter settings and changed the DNS server settings back to what the need to be and it's sorted. Hopefully when I connect AirVPN that will change them as needed and all will be good. i'm also hoping that the developers are aware of this and planning mods to fix/get around this.

Cheers

CML