Not connected, Your IP: 44.202.128.177
mrubiquitous

Cannot install AirVPN dependancies on Ubuntu ISP blocking ports

Hey..I have recently (and happily) moved to Ubuntu and "re-upped" my membership with AirVPN. One issue. My ISP is blocking some of my ports so downloading the required dependances or accessing the repository either by Synaptic, the Software Updater or the Ubuntu Software Center.

I am looking for a workaround, I cant seem to find how to switch ports or download a full copy of Airvpn dependancies so I can get this to work.

Thanks!

Hey..I have recently (and happily) moved to Ubuntu and "re-upped" my membership with AirVPN. One issue. My ISP is blocking some of my ports so downloading the required dependances or accessing the repository either by Synaptic, the Software Updater or the Ubuntu Software Center.

I am looking for a workaround, I cant seem to find how to switch ports or download a full copy of Airvpn dependancies so I can get this to work.

Thanks!

Hello!

Ubuntu packages can be obtained with connections to port 443, for example with apt-get.

Are you sure that your ISP blocks outbound port 443? Can you browse to https web sites, such as airvpn.org?

Kind regards

Yes I am sure. I called them and there is some sort of limit on the account. My landlord is the internet subscriber and unfortunately this is why I think I am having an issue..his nonpayment they say. If I use a browser proxy (which I am now) I can connect to the web, if not it times out trying to connect. Thunderbird mail for some reason is not affected. With the browser proxy I could download main packages from you site but dependancies are still unresolved. Thanks again for your help!

Yes I am sure. I called them and there is some sort of limit on the account. My landlord is the internet subscriber and unfortunately this is why I think I am having an issue..his nonpayment they say. If I use a browser proxy (which I am now) I can connect to the web, if not it times out trying to connect. Thunderbird mail for some reason is not affected. With the browser proxy I could download main packages from you site but dependancies are still unresolved. Thanks again for your help!

Hello!

So it's not that the ISP blocks customers ports, it blocks non paying customers ones! :)

Use a proxy for apt.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/53146/how-do-i-get-add-apt-repository-to-work-through-a-proxy

Kind regards