Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.146.143
Staff

Eddie 2.9 available

in 2.9 on OSX (10.10.4), Time Machine cannot backup on my Time Capsule anymore when the network lock is enabled. This seems to break the network discovery and/or the connection with the Time Capsule's HD. Of course the "allow private/lan" option is checked (but the ping option disabled). And even if I manually add the IP address, it doesn't seem to work. As soon as i disable the network work, the Time Capsule's HD appears and Time Machine is happy again.

I've rolled back to 2.8, and the problem is gone with 2.8.

GUI deficiency – I have come across a problem with the GUI design. I'm using Linux portable version but I think it pertains to all users and OS's. The Disconnect and Cancel button are directly above the network lock button. This should not be this way, if anything it should be above the Connect to a recommended server and this is why. On a couple of occasions when my system is under heavy use or is randomly freezing, I have hit Disconnect or Cancel button and it does not look like it excepted the click so I clicked it again just as it unfreezes and actually deactivated the Network Lock and left myself total exposed until I could disconnect my network connection or able to reactivate then network lock but by this time the damage is already done.

So please review the placement of the buttons.

GUI deficiency – I have come across a problem with the GUI design. I'm using Linux portable version but I think it pertains to all users and OS's. The Disconnect and Cancel button are directly above the network lock button. This should not be this way, if anything it should be above the Connect to a recommended server and this is why. On a couple of occasions when my system is under heavy use or is randomly freezing, I have hit Disconnect or Cancel button and it does not look like it excepted the click so I clicked it again just as it unfreezes and actually deactivated the Network Lock and left myself total exposed until I could disconnect my network connection or able to reactivate then network lock but by this time the damage is already done.

Hi,

how is this possible? The Network Lock button is available only while the system is not connected to a VPN server.

Kind regards

Hi,

how is this possible? The Network Lock button is available only while the system is not connected to a VPN server.

Kind regards

He didn't word things very well, but I believe what he means is that he will click "Disconnect" while connected, but when his computer freezes, he doesn't think he registered the click, so he clicks again - but due to the "Network Lock" button being in the same position after disconnection, he accidentally clicks it, causing traffic to flow outside the VPN tunnel.

Hi,

Kind regards

He didn't word things very well, but I believe what he means is that he will click "Disconnect" while connected, but when his computer freezes, he doesn't think he registered the click, so he clicks again - but due to the "Network Lock" button being in the same position after disconnection, he accidentally clicks it, causing traffic to flow outside the VPN tunnel.

Yes eyes878, you are correct. Thank you. The network lock button should be stand alone position and should not have any buttons in the same position. This will help to prevent accidentally deactivating the Network lock from software freezes or hardware failures (had a mouse going bad that was doing double clicks) or user error (people that double clicking on everything).