Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.13.254
Staff

Eddie 2.9 available

Thank you for adding the 'Remove the default gateway route' option. 

In combination with the DNS setting, does this negate the need for network lock with specific firewall setups, if using the airvpn client?

If so, it may be worth adding this to the FAQ or how-to somewhere, as there are still many posts on the forum for setting rules with different firewalls.

Please can you also confirm that if the connection to the server disconnects unintentionally, that the default gateway and DNS setting would NOT be reset as it does when purposefully disconnecting from the server.

Thank you

Hello!

Currently not, it's not meant as an alternative to Network Lock. In case of server switch or unexpected disconnection Eddie restores default gateway and nameservers, and only after that it tries a new connection.

Kind regards

It's a bug (or more than one bug) in Mono. In the future, Eddie developer will consider to drop Mono and develop a GTK version. However at the moment this is not planned, we'll need a specific resource allocation for this task.

Hello,

for me it is a wonderful news - to drop Mono and to develop a GTK version, because Eddie still hangs up sometimes at first run after system reboot (it happens about 1 time out of 5) - so I have to kill its process as root and restart it again.

my rig just freezes upon connecting to a server. usually at the point of flushing dns. have to hard reboot to escape. running windows 7 pro x64, Emsisoft Internet Security....

Thank you for adding the 'Remove the default gateway route' option. 

In combination with the DNS setting, does this negate the need for network lock with specific firewall setups, if using the airvpn client?

If so, it may be worth adding this to the FAQ or how-to somewhere, as there are still many posts on the forum for setting rules with different firewalls.

Please can you also confirm that if the connection to the server disconnects unintentionally, that the default gateway and DNS setting would NOT be reset as it does when purposefully disconnecting from the server.

Thank you

Hello!

Currently not, it's not meant as an alternative to Network Lock. In case of server switch or unexpected disconnection Eddie restores default gateway and nameservers, and only after that it tries a new connection.

Kind regards

Not all firewall products are compatible for network lock. Is there any chance of adding an option to not restore default gateway and DNS server automatically, or add a manual button or prompt to do so, so that network lock would not be needed to prevent a leak if the connection went down? 

Thank you

Anyone else experiencing DNS leaks on Windows 8.1?  It's occasionally, and disconnecting and reconnecting fixes it, but I can't think of any reason why this keeps happening.

Everyone who has problems with their speed on this version (speed drops on 100kb/s): It's caused by the new TAP driver. Uninstall it and go to OpenVPN website and download the previous  driver.

Ok im having issue here, the network lock is working, but when i tried to disable that my local connection internet stop working :/

tried on reboot without network lock, reboot without running airvpn client still no internet

the only internet working now if i turn on & connect airvpn client

how can i undo the network lock setting?

solved by reset firewall https://airvpn.org/topic/13435-network-lock-issue/?do=findComment&comment=24490

Guest Chaf

Under Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS 32bits whenever I try to save a log it doesn't save...The action button of saving and reaction of the client makes me think the file is saved but the file appears nowhere...

I've tried showing hidden files without any luck.

I tried a command line "ls -lh" and the saved log file doesn't appear either.

I've tried saving somewhere else and doesn't help either.

After upgrading to the latest version of the client I tried running a Speedtest in the 'client area' of the airvpn website.  The test now shows a 'error - 0' for 'in-tunnel' speed, for both uploads and downloads.

I have tried uninstalling airvpn, 'restore defaults' for my windows firewall rules, rebooting, reinstalling airvpn and the speedtest still fails.

Checking ipleak.net confirms my ip address still shows only the VPN server, and torrents show the VPN server as well.

Everything seems to be working normally but I know enough about networking to know I don't know nearly enough to be sure

"Could not find a part of the path "/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6"

I tried both - IPv6: None/Disable in Advanced settings of Eddie 2.9 but I got this error in both cases.

Btw, I already have IPv6 disabled in my System. It looks like Eddie 2.9 is trying to disable IPv6 even it is already disabled in my system. I think Eddie should check if IPv6 is available in the system in the first place before trying to disable it.

Eddie 2.8 worked well with IPv6 disabled on my system.

Same, but on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I see that it will be fixed in version Eddie 2.10.In the mean time, I reverted back to 2.8

Thanks for all your hard work!

"Could not find a part of the path "/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6"

I tried both - IPv6: None/Disable in Advanced settings of Eddie 2.9 but I got this error in both cases.

Btw, I already have IPv6 disabled in my System. It looks like Eddie 2.9 is trying to disable IPv6 even it is already disabled in my system. I think Eddie should check if IPv6 is available in the system in the first place before trying to disable it.

Eddie 2.8 worked well with IPv6 disabled on my system.

Same, but on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I see that it will be fixed in version Eddie 2.10.In the mean time, I reverted back to 2.8

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hello!

If you're interested, you can try now Eddie 2.10 Experimental.

Kind regards

I've spotted one thing (seems harmless) on my Macbook.

E 2015.05.28 19:39:56 - Unknown option in command-line: psn_0_16920610

using 2.9.2 v

I've spotted one thing (seems harmless) on my Macbook.

E 2015.05.28 19:39:56 - Unknown option in command-line: psn_0_16920610

using 2.9.2 v

Hello!

It's harmless, you can safely ignore it.

Kind regards

The Linux packages cannot be downloaded neither, all I'm getting is a 404 error. I tried to download the .deb package, the tar.gz portable package and the tar.gz packege (mono needed). This is the case for 64 bit as well as 32 bit versions.

I have lost about 10Mbps in speed with the new 2.9 client.

If you are on win7x64 try rolling back the tap-adapter driver via rolling back to the prior version 2.8.

Since the last update I have been completely unable to connect vie the AirVPN client.

It's working over openvpn gui. The client completely hangs while trying to establish

a connection and has to be killed with the task manager.

Since the last update I have been completely unable to connect vie the AirVPN client.

It's working over openvpn gui. The client completely hangs while trying to establish

a connection and has to be killed with the task manager.

Same problem but my computer freezes and i cannot reach task manager. have to do a hard reset. i reverted back to the old tap driver and am running v 2.10 and everything works as it should.

WIn 7 Pro x64 - Emsisoft Internet Security

Hi everybody! I am using Eddie 2.8, I read about the Tap thing (sorry, i barely know what it is ) and that some people hada to rollback to 2.8. Do you suggest to upgrade to Eddie 2.9 now or should I stick to 2.8? I have win 7

Thanks! :-)

@aspergyllus

My recommendation would be to try 2.9, if you immediately sense a massive slow down(It will be pretty obvious) then roll back to 2.8 (and if you want after that roll forward directly to 2.10 experimental and disable driver upgrade).  Bottom-line some people have the TAP issue on win7x64, some don't, wish i knew what the common trait was among those of us that do but it's as yet unclear, only way to find out is to try out the newer driver.

Eddie is the best VPN client on this planet! Thank you!

However it can be still made better. There's one annoying thing about it on MacOS X — unable to assign IPv4 address in some situations, especially after system sleep. The solution that ofter works is to:

1) click on "Disconnect" and wait until it stops (usually longer than 30s)

2) `sudo ifconfig en0 down`

3) `sudo route flush` (wait 5s and kill it)

4) `sudo ifconfig en0 up`

5) connect again

These steps work in most cases, so would it be possible to implement them in Eddie? Would such pull request be accepted or perhaps somebody is already working on it?