Not connected, Your IP: 3.87.133.69

Hello,

you can't run two firewalls simultaneously. You would have two programs with high privileges competing to modify packet filtering tables of the OS, with unpredictable (and usually unwanted) outcome.

Kind regards

So what does this mean? The netlock feature only works with the Windows firewall? Do people that use other firewalls like GDATA, Symantec, Bitdefender etc. have to configure their firewalls manually in order to achieve the same lock as the netlock feature of the AirVPN client?

Yes, definitely. Network Lock is a plug-in that (in Windows) sets Windows firewall rules. Please see also here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/12175-network-lock

Kind regards

Hello,

I was reading up about this feature and came across this thread. I am using ESET Internet Security, so Windows Firewall is definitely disabled and ESET Firewall is running in its place. However, Network Lock works fine for me. I don't see any changes to either firewall's rules when Network Lock is on, and Windows Firewall is not turned on when it is activated either, so I am wondering how it is working when you said it clearly shouldn't unless you are using Windows Firewall. Does it have something to do with ESET, or have some changes been made to Eddie that allow Network Lock to work with other firewalls?

Thank you.

Hello!

If you look at the changelog, you'll find the addition of WFP. Which added Windows Filtering Platform, thus Windows Firewall isn't used. This allows for better integration with 3rd party security software such as ESET.

Biggest changes in Eddie 2.11:

- Latest versions of OpenVPN (2.3.11) and stunnel (5.32), built with OpenSSL 1.0.2h.
- A new Network Lock method under Windows (Windows Firewall not used anymore)
- A new IPv6 lock method under Windows
- A new DNS lock method under Windows

So I should think that's why . You'll note the date of the Staff post you quoted.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.