Not connected, Your IP: 18.208.172.3
OpenSourcerer

[How-To] OpenVPN on Fritz!Box routers

this is true with all protocol?

Protocols don't matter, the high CPU usage is due to AES encryption and decryption (E/D) which, with AirVPN, is a fixed variable you cannot change.

1) local devices --- fritzbox --- flashrouter (dd-wrt compatiblility, as a client) -- internet -- server vpn serivce -->

Textual version would be: Your devices (PC, smartphone) connect to the Fritz!Box, which is connected to a DD-WRT-enabled router. This router connects to AirVPN.

The problem here is the same as with Fritz!Box: Hardware limitations.

outside devices --- internet --- flashrouter (dd-wrt compatiblility, as a vpn server) -- fritzbox --- local devices

Sorry, but I don't understand the part saying "as a VPN server". Your DD-WRT box is not a server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Giga,

Just a technicality:  But protocol CAN matter.  Microsoft's baked-in flavor of PPTP has never supported encryption above the 128bit level.  So that limiting factor would, for example, keep CPU usage down in a way that is beyond the direct control of the end-user.

this is true with all pro  tocol?

Giga,

Just a technicality:  But protocol CAN matter.  Microsoft's baked-in flavor of PPTP has never supported encryption above the 128bit level.  So that limiting factor would, for example, keep CPU usage down in a way that is beyond the direct control of the end-user.

I meant TCP and UDP.. and I'm pretty sure Mr. nonchiedercilaparola was talking about it as well. Also, AirVPN does not support PPTP.

outside devices (client vpn) --- internet --- flashrouter (dd-wrt compatiblility, client vpn) -- fritzbox --- local devices

if is it impossible to installa a vpn server into a router, is it only possible a client to client connection?

outside devices (client vpn) --- internet --- flashrouter (dd-wrt compatiblility, client vpn) -- fritzbox --- local devices

if is it impossible to installa a vpn server into a router, is it only possible a client to client connection?

If you want to connect devices you take with you when you are not home to the OpenVPN-enabled router to use its connection to AirVPN, why don't you directly connect them with AirVPN? If that's not what you meant, you might want to open up a new thread to not bloat up this one. This one is dedicated to setting up OpenVPN on a Fritz!Box router and use it as a client to connect to AirVPN. No more.

If you want to connect devices you take with you when you are not home to the OpenVPN-enabled router to use its connection to AirVPN, why don't you directly connect them with AirVPN? If that's not what you meant, you might want to open up a new thread to not bloat up this one. This one is dedicated to setting up OpenVPN on a Fritz!Box router and use it as a client to connect to AirVPN. No more.

Thank for the reply! now i have tu use vodafone revolution router. my fritzbox is on my lan but not as principal router. So your suggestion is way that i have to try (i opened onther post to use airvpn to wake up my osx)