Not connected, Your IP: 44.199.225.221
Oksana Luda

Slow Speeds on AirVPN Help Please.

Hi Guys

im on a 100mb connection with my ISP but when i connect to AirVP im only getting download of 7.73 mbps and upload of 2.91 mbps.

Can anyone help please. 

Ps. WHwn i diconnec airvpn i get my fast speeds back, So whats really wrong here??? 

Which ISP, Air Server and protocol did you use? Because it could be anything between your client and server.

Which ISP, Air Server and protocol did you use? Because it could be anything between your client and server.

Im on Virgin and was using one of the servers in Netherlands. Regarding protocol what exactly mean? 

I get 150Mbps down on NL servers using the same ISP, so it shouldn't be hard for you to resolve. Are you connecting using Eddie (Air's software)? What version? What's your OS? How is your network set up? Are you using a superhub, superhub 2 or superhub 2 AC? Are you wired or wireless? How are you testing the speeds you quoted?

As a test try turning connecting to the superhub via ethernet (wire) if you aren't already, put the SH into modem only mode and restart the PC. Then connect to an NL server using port 443 UDP. Then download an Ubuntu torrent or download the Ubuntu ISO from Ubuntu.com and see what speeds you get.

I get 150Mbps down on NL servers using the same ISP, so it shouldn't be hard for you to resolve. Are you connecting using Eddie (Air's software)? What version? What's your OS? How is your network set up? Are you using a superhub, superhub 2 or superhub 2 AC? Are you wired or wireless? How are you testing the speeds you quoted?

As a test try turning connecting to the superhub via ethernet (wire) if you aren't already, put the SH into modem only mode and restart the PC. Then connect to an NL server using port 443 UDP. Then download an Ubuntu torrent or download the Ubuntu ISO from Ubuntu.com and see what speeds you get.

Im on windows 7 

Virgin Media SuperHub (100Mb Connection) 

Connected using the Airvpn Eddie 2.8.8 

Connected Via Wireless as i never use the Ethernet wire. 

SSH Tunnel Port 22 using Eddie 2.88 

Any help guys? 

SSL/SSH tunnelling  has an important hit on performance. I don't know if you are on a restrictive network (at work, public wifi hotspot) but if not, you should change your SSH tunnel Port 22 to UDP port 443 on Eddie settings as rainmakerraw said.

Im on windows 7 

Any help guys? 

is your superhub in modem only mode as suggested to try?

Im on windows 7 

Any help guys? 

is your superhub in modem only mode as suggested to try?

Im at home and i use a labtop which i only connect via wireless.  i have tried UDP port 443 on Eddie settings still no luck on getting faster speeds. 

Try wired and in modem only mode. Superhubs are crippled for openvpn (they restrict the speed). Wireless is also famously unreliable, if you try with an ethernet cable you can at least rule out wifi issues, but again as said your superhub will be a bottleneck regardless in router mode.

Open Eddie, click the AirVPN button and choose preferences, then go to advanced > openvpn directives. In the empty box on the left enter the following:

sndbuf 65536
rcvbuf 65536

EDIT: WTH? I sent a large post and only the above turned up on the forum. 

Basically I added to then restart Eddie, and test an Ubuntu torrent again while keeping the super hub in modem only mode, with a direct ethernet/wired connection. If no joy try the same from a Linux live USB (eg Ubuntu, Fedora or Mint) and see how you go. It could just be a Windows issue. Try with your antivirus disabled also, and make sure you have Windows Defender turned off permanently - it's useless.