Not connected, Your IP: 54.196.27.171
Sign in to follow this  
KuLiTuT

Port Forwarding: PORT IS NOT OPEN?

Why is it that the port I forwarded and use it on my uTorrent client detected as closed when I run the test?

screenshot attached. Posted Image

KuLiTuT wrote:

Why is it that the port I forwarded and use it on my uTorrent client detected as closed when I run the test?

Hello! We have just performed all the tests for the ports related to your account and they are all properly forwarded and linked to your account. Therefore it is a problem on your side. Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Kind regards

AirVPN

I have the same exact problem. I have everything forwarded correctly (or at least I thought I did). But when I connect to VPN, the port I've set up here on the site is not open.

-Jamie

demichej wrote:

I have the same exact problem. I have everything forwarded correctly (or at least I thought I did). But when I connect to VPN, the port I've set up here on the site is not open.

-Jamie

Hello!

Please note that you must not forward the remotely forwarded ports on your router (there is no communication on that port, you communicate with the VPN exclusively on a tunneled port), while it is crucial that the listening port of the application matches the remotely forwarded port.

According to the data you provided on your e-mail, we have emulated your account connection and started an application listening to your forwarded port on server Lyra. We have detected that it works properly.

Can you please make sure that the incoming port of your application matches the remotely forwarded port on the server? On which server(s) does the problem arise?

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Just so i grasp what that picture is showing and to better educate me along the way ...

Something I don't understand with your picture you have assigned uTorrent the Servers Remote Port Forwarding and then told it to map ports . uTorrent I'm using (3.1A) requires the port of the connect made to the server ,it maps all ports locally . I have no issues with connection and uploading and downloading as per usual . My Firewall is set to stop anything not on that port and everything is happy in my PC .

Remote Port Forwarding (to the best of my understanding) is used for program that can't resolved the port locally but uTorrent is good this way.

If I'm incorrect please correct me as I'm all for learning .If that helps (as mine is happy) then winner.

Fairbod wrote:

Just so i grasp what that picture is showing and to better educate me along the way ;) ...

Something I don't understand with your picture you have assigned uTorrent the Servers Remote Port Forwarding and then told it to map ports . uTorrent I'm using (3.1A) requires the port of the connect made to the server ,it maps all ports locally . I have no issues with connection and uploading and downloading as per usual . My Firewall is set to stop anything not on that port and everything is happy in my PC .

Remote Port Forwarding (to the best of my understanding) is used for program that can't resolved the port locally but uTorrent is good this way.

If I'm incorrect please correct me as I'm all for learning .If that helps (as mine is happy) then winner.

Hello!

You must specify on uTorrent the same port you have remotely forwarded on the server, so that uTorrent can accept incoming connection on that port. uTorrent needs only one port. If you keep ports un-forwarded on our servers, you can do p2p but performance will be lower, because uTorrent will only be able to establish outgoing connections and will not be able to receive incoming connections. Furthermore initial seeding will not be possible because peers will not be able to contact the unique seeder. If you specify to uTorrent incoming port 443, it can't receive any incoming connection, because that port is reserved for VPN connections with clients, like 53 and 80. In very populated swarms, anyway, you might not notice any significant performance difference, as long as you are not the initial seeder.

Finally, you don't need to open/forward ports on your router, because all the traffic is tunneled through the TUN/TAP OpenVPN network adapter, overriding firewall, your ISP NAT etc.

Kind regards

AirVPN