Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.27.244

Hi I posted this a few days ago but can't seem to find my post. Im new to this whole Vpn thing so please excuse my lack of knowledge. My question is If I connect to a server in another county my search results for e.g. "car rental" would show me results for that country, but now I connect and my result return to local (meaning where I live) even tho it says I'm connected to a foreign server. It never worked like this before and I'm a little concerned. Can someone please explain this to me? 

Hi, 

I remember reading your last thread but I didn't have time at that moment to respond. Sorry. It could be a number of things, including browser geolocation giving you away. I wouldn't be too concerned it's a leak or anything just yet. Please provide some further information. 

1) What operating system are you using?

2) How are you connecting to the VPN? (i.e. Eddie or OpenVPN GUI or NetworkManager etc)

3) What websites are locating you rather than using the server location?

4) Are you signed into things such as Google/YouTube etc which may be tying in to give results for the country your profile is registered rather than your server IP? For example if I use a 'vanilla' browser I get NL search results, but if I log into my Google account (Gmail/Youtube etc) then Google search knows from my account details  that I'm not actually in NL. 

Please also connect to the VPN and then visit IPLeak, Air's test page. It will confirm (hopefully!) that you're showing to the internet as coming from the VPN exit node. Also verify the DNS. It does sound like a browser geolocation or account setting however, so don't worry too much just yet.