Not connected, Your IP: 54.197.64.207
TCalhau

Doubts about OpenVPN + SSH tunnel with Viscosity.

Hello I a new user and would like to know how to set up an SSH tunnel with OpenVPN in my Mac with Viscosity App.

I generated these files and imported them all to the Viscosity: https://cl.ly/aeTZ/Captura_de_Tela_2015-04-14_as_18.17.12.png [Or attached file!]

I can connect via UDP-443 _ but I can't connect through SSH _-53. What am I doing wrong? I think I'm connected with OpenVPN but without the SSH tunnel. How should I do?

You can only connect over SSH or SSL using AirVPN's client, named Eddie. Viscosity is pure openvpn only and hasn't got the code or libraries to make it capable of doing these things.

It's not true that you need the Eddie client to do SSH or SSL.  On capable OSs you either need to run the script to create the SSH tunnel or use stunnel to create the SSL tunnel.  Then use the corresponding ovpn config in your openvpn client which will connect to the listening port on your machine and tunnel through to Air.

It's not true that you need the Eddie client to do SSH or SSL.  On capable OSs you either need to run the script to create the SSH tunnel or use stunnel to create the SSL tunnel.  Then use the corresponding ovpn config in your openvpn client which will connect to the listening port on your machine and tunnel through to Air.

True of course, but when a Mac user is asking about the Viscosiity app and didn't know why OpenVPN over SSH wasn't working, it's safe to assume such things are not currently in their remit so my answer was appropriate for the circumstances.

Your answer wasn't appropriate, it was untrue. You could have easily provided the person with a pointer to what they need to do to get SSH working with Viscosity. Instead you said "You can only connect over SSH or SSL using AirVPN's client, named Eddie".  That is patently false.

To the original poster....I have both the AirVPN client and Viscosity on my Mac as well and prefer the AirVPN client. I could not get the option to send all network traffic over the VPN to work properly in Viscosity. It also doesnt offer a convenient network block as does the AirVPN client.

If you still are interested in using Viscosity you can do OpenVPN thru SSL with stunnel. It's very easy to set up. I have not tried SSH but I assume you create an SSH tunnel the same way you would using stunnel.

Tomato/tomahto. I could have been clearer and said 'To easily connect using a GUI you'd need to use Eddie not Viscosity' or whatever. My point stands that a Mac user who is running Viscosity and doesn't know the difference between it, plain OpenVPN and SSH/SSL is probably going to find it easier to run Eddie with two clicks instead of setting up tunnels and routing a standalone client through them. I'll be clearer in the future just for you. Ordinarily I'd provide more in depth info, but since I'm just a customer like you I gave the best/easiest answer with the time I had available. 

Fact remains he had tried to connect over SSH using Viscosity and didn't understand why it wasn't working. "Use Eddie instead" is a valid reply, albeit I could have been clearer as said. No big drama, either way he gets a solid solution that works.

Not wanting to bother, could one of you please guide me how to do an SSH tunnel or even SSL to use through the viscosity (OpenVPN). Since already thank you very much!