Not connected, Your IP: 3.88.254.50

Hello everyone,

I have AirVPN installed on a second desktop of mine, and I'm having an odd problem with it.  I can connect to AirVPN servers fine and get acceptable speeds, however, when I shut down the VPN, I can no longer connect to the internet.  So, I need to be connected to some VPN server to be able to connect to the internet.  

I suspect this is due to a bug with the Network Lock feature, which I'm using on both desktops (one of which is not having any problems).  Both desktops are connected to the save network via Ethernet cable.  I tried disabling network lock on the afflicted desktop, but had no results.  I also tried uninstalling AirVPN (and restarting the PC), which also did not help.  

Is this a known bug, or perhaps something entirely different?  I tried searching online for a solution, but all I get are threads about people not being able to connect with a VPN, not without.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

If the problem is in the firewall, a flush of the rules while the client is not running will solve it. Should you need more specific instructions please specify the Operating System which you experience this problem on and the Eddie version you're running.

Kind regards

Yup, resetting my firewall settings to default fixed the problem.  If only I'd seen that button before making this thread...

But nonetheless, thanks for your help!

I notice sometimes DNS servers are still left pointing to AirVPN after disconnecting the VPN.  You may want to look at this if the problem happens in the future and your firewall is not causing the issue.

This is for Windows.

I notice sometimes DNS servers are still left pointing to AirVPN after disconnecting the VPN.  You may want to look at this if the problem happens in the future and your firewall is not causing the issue.

This is for Windows.

I seem to be having this problem too. Which steps should I take to make sure the DNS servers are not left pointing to the AirVPN client after I turn it and the Network Lock off?

I seem to be having this problem too. Which steps should I take to make sure the DNS servers are not left pointing to the AirVPN client after I turn it and the Network Lock off?

Hello!

If one (or both) DNS server(s) is/are undefined in a network card, the Air client software Eddie might be unable to restore DNS previous settings at disconnection. Please make sure that both DNS servers are specified to prevent the problem (and of course make sure to shut the software down properly). DNS handling will improve in the next Eddie release.

Kind regards

Hello everyone,

I have AirVPN installed on a second desktop of mine, and I'm having an odd problem with it.  I can connect to AirVPN servers fine and get acceptable speeds, however, when I shut down the VPN, I can no longer connect to the internet.  So, I need to be connected to some VPN server to be able to connect to the internet.  

I suspect this is due to a bug with the Network Lock feature, which I'm using on both desktops (one of which is not having any problems).  Both desktops are connected to the save network via Ethernet cable.  I tried disabling network lock on the afflicted desktop, but had no results.  I also tried uninstalling AirVPN (and restarting the PC), which also did not help.  

Is this a known bug, or perhaps something entirely different?  I tried searching online for a solution, but all I get are threads about people not being able to connect with a VPN, not without.

Thanks in advance!

A. K.

If you are using the Windows OS (7,8,8.1 or 10):

Go to your network adapter and look at "use this DNS address".

If it read 10.4.x.x. or 10.5.x.x; eddie client did not reset your your DNS used by your ISP

You need to enter your ISP DNS addresses in those slots to connect to the internet

This could be one of the problems.

Please download a copy of your logs either as a txt file or use the spoilers.

The log file may have the problem listed.

Hello!

If the problem is in the firewall, a flush of the rules while the client is not running will solve it. Should you need more specific instructions please specify the Operating System which you experience this problem on and the Eddie version you're running.

Kind regards

Please tell me how to flush the rules for linux mint, eddie 2.10.3