Not connected, Your IP: 34.204.3.195
Staff

Eddie 2.9 Experimental available

Whats the difference between having IPv6 disabled and not?

don't want to but I'm gonna so, bump

don't want to but I'm gonna so, bump

In some configurations, IPv6 stack can cause a privacy issue in case the VPN is only in IPv4 mode and IPv6 is allowed but not tunnelled.

Check this example:

http://ipv6leak.com/

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

New version 2.9.2.

Re-download and re-install the experimental version.

The newest version shows 2.9.2 in About.

Changelog

• [bugfix] OpenVPN Driver Installation failure that occurs on Windows 8 and Windows 10
  • [new] New advanced option Remove the default gateway route (Only Windows and Linux)
About the new option,

It removes the default route 0.0.0.0 when the VPN connection is established, and restores it at disconnection. If Eddie crashes or is killed [ungracefully], when relaunched it recovers automatically.

Under Windows, if activated this option resolves the WebRTC leak.

Please use with care, it's an experimental feature.

Hi,

I installed Eddie 2.9.2. It's working great. However, the Remove Default Gateway Route option doesn't appear to work with Chrome on Win 8.1, according to IPleak.net. It does work with Firefox.  Any advice or comment about how to address the WebRTC leak issue with Chrome?

Thanks!

Update: I did some more tests:

With Chrome on Win 8.1: According to ipleak.net, if I turn on the Network Lock, I'm not leaking my IP via webRTC. This is seems to be the case even with Remove Default Gateway Route turned off.

Is that expected behavior?

I used the Experimental Eddie for a while and it worked great for a few days, then gradually became unusable.  The stable version also no longer works for me.  

Back to Tunnelblick!

Hope everyone else has a better experience with Eddie.

Still on Eddie 2.7 here but I have a couple of questions concerning this new update.

The "Network Lock option for Private network", does it solve this problem: https://airvpn.org/topic/12229-network-lock-in-eddie-25-can-not-share-home-network-with-other-computers-when-enabled/ ?

Also, as I mentioned in that thread, does the network lock feature save now the exceptions you agree to? It's kind of annoying having to confirm rules each and everytime one reboots...

Thanks

Edit: see here as well: https://airvpn.org/topic/14002-network-lock-and-sharing-local-folders-on-home-network/

I must quote myself. Anybody capable of answering these questions?

Still on Eddie 2.7 here but I have a couple of questions concerning this new update.

The "Network Lock option for Private network", does it solve this problem: https://airvpn.org/topic/12229-network-lock-in-eddie-25-can-not-share-home-network-with-other-computers-when-enabled/ ?

Also, as I mentioned in that thread, does the network lock feature save now the exceptions you agree to? It's kind of annoying having to confirm rules each and everytime one reboots...

Thanks

Edit: see here as well: https://airvpn.org/topic/14002-network-lock-and-sharing-local-folders-on-home-network/

I must quote myself. Anybody capable of answering these questions?

And again...

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?  Or know of a workaround?  Perhaps something needs to be updated before the official release?

I'd love to be able to share files on this main computer, and have network lock enabled whilst downloading - so just Network Discovery and File & Printer sharing on this local private network is ON, so that other computers can use those shared folders?

What I have resorted to, hopefully just temporarily until Eddie supports this the right way, is export the policies for both "regular" and "under VPN" situations. This from the Advanced configuration of Windows Firewall.

I then proceeded to copy the rules you'll see in the two pictures below, from the "regular" situation to the "under VPN" situation. I also kept the most used programs, so as to avoid the hassle of having to authorize them every time I launch the VPN and need to use them.

nygyo3.jpg

2dtqa2b.jpg

I was careful to select the rules that were specific to the Private profile, so everything should be limited to the local network. This fixes files and printers sharing from the control panel under Network and Sharing Centre (I guess if the rules aren't there, the control panel isn't smart enough to create them for us).

Whenever I need to connect to the VPN I activate the equivalent of Network Lock by importing the "under VPN" policies. When I disconnect from VPN, I revert back to the original policy. I'm pretty sure there must be a commandline way of doing it... let me see... yes, it can be done, see here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771920%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

I actually automated the switching of policies using the "Events" section of Eddie. I import the Air VPN policies at session start (waiting to connect till they are imported, through the "Wait End" option) and revert to the original ones at session end.

I've had a number of occasions (using the Windows client) where the client doesn't switch the DNS back to "Automatically Detect" after being closed (it stays at a static DNS address).

DNS switch mode is set to Automatic.

So far I haven't seen a pattern for what might be causing it.

I just downloaded Eddie 2.9 Experimental for linux debian.  It works well.  Thank you but for one annoyance.  If I reconnect to another server, it fails with operation not permitted.  I have to shut down the client, restart it and then reconnect.

I just downloaded Eddie 2.9 Experimental for linux debian.  It works well.  Thank you but for one annoyance.  If I reconnect to another server, it fails with operation not permitted.  I have to shut down the client, restart it and then reconnect.

It's the same issue here: https://airvpn.ch/topic/14244-openvpn-write-udpv4-operation-not-permitted-code1/ ? If yes, confirm in that topic. Thanks.

nygyo3.jpg

I just tested this environment:

Windows 7 64-bit, with a printer shared on the local network.
OS X Yosemite, in the same local network.

In Windows -> Eddie -> Settings -> Advanced -> Network Lock -> Allow private -> Yes
I can print a document in OS X using the printer attached to Windows 7 via local network.

In Windows -> Eddie -> Settings -> Advanced -> Network Lock -> Allow private -> No
I cannot print a document in OS X. The document remains in the OS X print queue.
The document is printed on the fly when I deactivate the Network Lock on Windows.

We also use ShareMouse, a software that allows me to move cursor between physically different machines in the same local network.
And, correctly, it works only with Netlock -> Allow private enabled.

@tranquivox69
Sorry if we don't reply to your request, the truth is that we are unable to reproduce the issue in our labs.

Notes about your Inbound Rules:
Any File and Printer Sharing and Network Discovery rule you use, are already covered by the generic AirVPN - In - AllowLocal and AirVPN - Out - AllowLocal rule. 
It's very strange that you resolve your issue by adding rules that don't change anything.

We are currently testing if a Profile=Private will be better for our AllowLocal rules, but it is not related to your issue.

Hello!

We released Eddie 2.9 as stable: https://airvpn.org/topic/14256-eddie-29-available

Any pending issue in this topic will be addressed to version 2.10 experimental soon: we can't delay anymore all bugfixes between 2.8 and 2.9.

Kind regards

That's great for the final 2.9 now for 2.10 experimental is there a way to add an auto update feature for all the builds to follow and for finals as well...

Cheers.

Thanks as ever for the supreme customer service. You're the only VPN which not only actively engages with customers but keeps everything FOSS and actively develops. What other VPN releases beta software and bugfixes in REAL TIME with customers? Absolutely awesome as always guys, keep it up because this kind of attitude is what keeps me paying you money!

Thanks!

News for our beta testers: a major step in Eddie development will be the support of ANY ovpn configuration, with automatic import of ovpn configuration files of our VPN service competitors. Some features depend on server-side software (DNS/Route checking and SSH/SSL tunnel for example), but major features (including Network Lock) will be available.

We have planned this because our mission even focuses on helping people with FOSS software for privacy protection. Using our VPN service and servers is a sustainable method to allow us to work according to our mission.

Kind regards

is this feature has been implemented in Eddie 2.10.3 ? and how to use it ?