Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.105.194
Staff

Imminent servers cancellation (USA)

Hello!

We regret to inform you that AirVPN is no more welcome in Leaseweb USA. On April the 1st, Leaseweb USA will terminate any agreement with us. Therefore, the following servers:

Andromedae
Arrakis
Electra
Kuma
Librae
Sirius

will be canceled. We have been working to find equal or better replacements and we have had success so far. In the last few days we have added five new 1 Gbit/s servers in Miami and in Los Angeles as you have already seen.

Furthermore, we're still working to reach an agreement with an additional provider, so we are confident that we will be able to enlarge infrastructure in the near future in different USA locations.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Staff

May I ask for the reasons? Is it due to th political climate in the USA?

Some server in the netherlands are also provided by leaseweb. Will this issue have any influence on these servers?

It's due to P2P traffic. The U.S. is one of the worst places to have severs that allow that kind of traffic. I'm sad to see them go but, I'm also glad that AirVPN has prepared for the occasion.

I know of a VPN provider that prevents P2P problems in America and other countries that disagree with it by using a sort of proxy so that when torrenting you appear to be at one of their gateways that's in a country that DOES allow it.

I know of a VPN provider that prevents P2P problems in America and other countries that disagree with it by using a sort of proxy so that when torrenting you appear to be at one of their gateways that's in a country that DOES allow it.

What is this provider

that's in a country that DOES allow it.

Redirect P2P traffic from US servers to Canadian ones, yep it sounds familiar

I like that you didn't just just cave to their demands(that is if they had any) Are leaseweb banging the VPNS are for criminals not people that just like their privacy drum? Were they demanding that you log a certain amount of data for their friends in hollywood? I would be interested in knowing why Leaseweb are denying Airvpn use of the servers.I have a feeling though that some corrupt officials are probably thinking up plans to make using VPNs more difficult. Thanks and keep up the good work.

It's due to P2P traffic. The U.S. is one of the worst places to have severs that allow that kind of traffic. I'm sad to see them go but, I'm also glad that AirVPN has prepared for the occasion.

If that's true, then how can AirVPN get other servers in the U.S.?

Replacement servers in other locations is okay for general purpose use, but not so much for ordering merchandise/services online.  In fact, I've ran into instances where an online vendor will not allow you to order if your IP address indicates that you're using a VPN service.

Please get a server in the Northeast U.S. as soon as possible. When choosing a VPN service, having servers in the Midwest and the Northeast was one of the main requirements. Having more servers in Florida is not enough for me.

If that's true, then how can AirVPN get other servers in the U.S.?

Replacement servers in other locations is okay for general purpose use, but not so much for ordering merchandise/services online.  In fact, I've ran into instances where an online vendor will not allow you to order if your IP address indicates that you're using a VPN service.

What @GMPSQ said is correct. Also, it all depends on enforcement who puts the most pressure on their clients to enforce the laws of the country the servers are located in. 

Doesn't matter that the servers are gone temporarily. What matters is having a provider that is willing to accommodate Air's agreement to the level of service they want to provide to their customers. I'll wait for new servers and rather have security without compromise. If there are no servers in the USA one day, then I will connect to another country instead. Regardless I will always stick with Air because of their commitment to privacy for their customers. Thanks for the info and keep up the good work!

Please get a server in the Northeast U.S. as soon as possible. When choosing a VPN service, having servers in the Midwest and the Northeast was one of the main requirements. Having more servers in Florida is not enough for me.

Would Toronto meet your needs? Not sure what protocol(s) you need but ICMP packets to Rana looked 33% better than Florida and Illinois.

Doesn't matter that the servers are gone temporarily. What matters is having a provider that is willing to accommodate Air's agreement to the level of service they want to provide to their customers.

I agree with this 100%. I also want east coast servers north of Florida back at some point but will be very patient for Air to find the right ones.

Doesn't matter that the servers are gone temporarily. What matters is having a provider that is willing to accommodate Air's agreement to the level of service they want to provide to their customers.

I agree with this 100%. I also want east coast servers north of Florida back at some point but will be very patient for Air to find the right ones.

Thirded. The Manassas servers were my go-to so I'm sorry they're gone, but it sounds like it was the right decision. More Northeast servers would be great as I'm on the Chicago servers now and my ping is a little higher than it was.

Honestly, when I first began looking for a VPN provider, I shopped around, a lot and read many, many reviews of services. Hands down, AirVPN was the highest rated for customer satisfaction and appeared to be the most user privacy oriented. The fact that they would rather close up shoppe, rather than comprise on the user's experience is why I'm still here. Cheers to you all.

I agree that the south Florida servers buffer constantly when streaming HD video even though shown latency and speed are high and load low, while servers farther north, even though they may show lower speed and higher latency and higher load, stream HD smoothly with high resolution.. I have tested this mainly with you tube utilizning different HD  videos and found that to be consistent.

I'm not a P2P user, so the Manassas servers getting shut down due to P2P bugs me.  How about acquiring some server locations that don't have P2P capabilities?