Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.8.34
rainmakerraw

Mac config files have LZO compression disabled

Tonight I wiped my MacBook Pro and reinstalled a fresh copy. The machine runs much better now, but on re-generating .ovpn files and importing them into Viscosity I noticed that they are configured as 'LZO compression: disabled'. Is this a peculiarity of importing connections into Viscosity, or does the AirVPN generator specify this option intentionally for Mac configs?

Obviously AirVPN supports LZO compression and I use it on other platforms (Linux, Windows, BSD) without issue. I turned LZO compression back on in Viscosity's settings for each config, but I just wondered why this happened. Thanks in advance. 

I run VPN on my router and the config files have always had "comp-lzo no" for as long as I've been a customer.

In fact, I just ran a test to see if I could enable it but the server push message turns compression off.

I run VPN on my router and the config files have always had "comp-lzo no" for as long as I've been a customer.

In fact, I just ran a test to see if I could enable it but the server push message turns compression off.

Really? I always assumed Air supported it, because it's enabled by default on my Linux, BSD and Windows machines. Weird... We'll have to wait for Staff to comment I guess.

Edited to add: Actually Air's own documentation (eg DD-WRT setup page) confirms LZO compression is supported. Staff also replied to a thread (found via search) saying adaptive compression (rather than plain on or off) is usually the best setting. So that confirms it's there - so my question as to why it's off for Mac configs remains!

Hello!

LZO compression is not used, but the directive "comp-lzo" must be on both sides, otherwise the connection can fail, Once the directive is on both OpenVPN sides, the OpenVPN that performs the push (the server) can override it.

Kind regards