Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.164.24
Sign in to follow this  
alpina85

Network Lock

Hi,

Is there any way that I can verify whether the Network Lock feature is working properly? I currently have it set to Automatic mode on Mac OS X. Given my connection issues already posted, several times I have seen that navigation is halted in Safari and I know that this must be that a connection has been lost. This is then shortly followed by the client notification that it is disconnecting, but before the client notifies that is is reconnected, the Safari page will load. I do not believe that this could be browser cache since if navigating from one AirVPN webpage to another, at the bottom of the page before clicking another link I will see in green that I am connected to an AirVPN server, but when the page finally loads during the disconnection/reconnection process, it shows in red that I am not connected with my normal IP address. I have also seen outgoing mail halted at the point of disconnection, but then complete sending prior to a new connection being established.

Okay, understood, but what about the fact that Apple Mail processes also complete during the disconnected phase prior to reconnection? I should precise that this applies not only to messages that are being sent when the disconnection occurs but to all "hung" activity that can be seen in the Mail activity window following disconnection, for example also polling mail servers, synchronising mailboxes, moving messages, etc. All activity rapidly completes during the reconnection phase before the new connection is established.

Hello!

It's normal. The tunnel is actually established and working before the client finishes all the initial procedures. Routes checking, DNS checking and other management stuff is obviously performed after initialization sequence by OpenVPN is completed.

Kind regards