Not connected, Your IP: 54.166.223.204
rainmakerraw

ANSWERED Eddie 2.8.8 portable errors on Manjaro XFCE

I've been thinking of switching one of our desktops from Mint 17.1 x64 to Manjaro 0.9 pre4 x64. I have run vanilla Arch boxes in the past, but this machine is a family device and it's easier to have something polished with point-and-click ease of use. Manjaro looks great, is fast, uses less RAM than Mint and I love the rolling release model and being able to use AUR and pacman. 

The KDE version allowed me to run Eddie 2.8.8 portable just fine (though there's no system tray icon), but I can't get the XFCE version to connect. It just tries to connect, errors out and restarts through the server list. The error is 'OpenVPN > ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)'. Log attached.

Packages such as openvpn, networkmanager-openvpn etc are installed on the system (but shouldn't be needed as this is the portable release). I have tried running as root, as well as a normal user (hoping it would escalate to ask for priviledges) and can't it it running. Any ideas please?

log.txt

Staff's post in Client Software Platforms / Environments today, confirming Eddie works in said OS, made me try it again. This time it worked fine, and as it was a snapshotted virtual machine I know everything was identical except a kernel update. It seems kernel 3.19.2-1 fixed the above issues. Just updating in case anyone stumbles across this thread.